Star Trek: TOS P1 Handheld Phaser mod./motorized, pop-up targeting lens. One of a kind mod.

propmaster2000

Sr Member
I am considering designing an all 3D printed P1 phaser with a 3D printed "Flip up" Lens/ Crispy and pop-out LED in the front.
Flip-up Targeting LENS and Diamond Crisp.
WIP - Work in progress. :)
1666891614398.png

I used this type of 3V geared, high torque motor in several of my earlier props because they are small and work well for many of my modifications and deigns.
Below is just one example of what I used several of them for: :)

Video update on my progress to this point of my all FDM - 3D printed in PLA'

View attachment 1632282
Propmaster2000 - you have made a very nice P1! I like the shape and the lines. What dimension did you use for the length?
The surface of your P1 appears to be smoother than any other "3-D printed" P1 I have seen. Is the "printed in PLA" the difference? Thanks in advance.
Also - I would purchase one of your WIP P1s without hesitation.

This is a video showing the inside of the modified, one of a kind TOS - P1 phaser.
From concept, to design to 3D Printed.
May look into adding a white LED on the back side of the targeting lens to make it glow when in the out position.
Still considering adding a "pop-out" firing LED as well......
Need to clean up the wiring and add a power "polarity" switching relay.
I will be using 2 - small Litho, 3.7V batteries to increase the capacity (if I have the room). Not needed however.
Designed in WINDOWS 10 - 3D BUILDER. Filament PLA - FDM printer

Last edited:
Fantastic work propmaster! You packed a lot of custom features in there with real estate to spare. I’m looking forward to seeing what else is in store.

So far so good. :)
Even though I said in the video that the firing LED will light when the TARGETING lens rolls out and the crispy goes up, I think I will have a firing button on the bottom instead.

Last edited:
This is where I am at with this unique P1 phaser modification.
I don't tend to make replicas, but instead I design mods. to an existing item based on how I would have designed it....
The 3D printer makes it so much easier to test the new design and check for function and fit.
This handheld phaser is no different. :)

Last edited:
It seems to me that your printing skills are only equalled by the beautiful technical aspects of your builds. There’s just not a lot of room in a P1 shell, yet you’ve managed to fit in all of your functional mechanisms into it. What the heck? I’m sure you’ve familiar with the internal workings of a Hero prop replica and this feels like the modern progression. I’m definitely a fan, and look forward for what’s to come!

You have great pics/ videos of your work but I haven’t seen any the completed pieces painted. When you have the time might you share a few beauty shots from your collection? Thanks!

Ever since I moved from SoCal, to a much more wet and humid environment, painting hero props like I did before has become an issue.
The finish has never turned out as good as I would like.
When I moved here several years ago, I wanted to still work with the company I had left after 17 yrs., full time, prop making.
But the weather here has always been a deterrent and I could not continue..
So now, I just stick with the designing aspect of prop making and paint when I can.
Having a painted prop was never been a consideration since it doesn't matter to me much any more.
If you have never been to my YOUTUBE page, there are some samples of my design's and prints (some painted, most not) .
I have been creating new designs ever since I got a 3D Printer.
I wish I had one at my old job....but I at least have several now.
Thanks for your interest and I appreciate the kudos. Makes it all seem worth while....
1668018872512.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back