Star trek tos-magnetic probe

Sounds like shipping has indeed started then.
My Jeffries tube is in great disrepair so just in time before the reaction chamber blows, now which polarity was it again?????

Ooo DHL have a delivery for between 8pm and 10pm tonight (I love DHL here in Hong Kong).....I wonder

I've been away from home and have just now taken delivery of my Mag Probe...

It's every centimeter as gorgeous as it looks in the photos. Meticulous work combining several media. As Funky so accurately put it, this is a museum-quality piece. (And, yes, I've been fiddling with my tool, too! :lol)

Thank you, gaston! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

View attachment 422431View attachment 422432View attachment 422433View attachment 422434

Wanted to share with everyone here Scotty's Magnetic Probe from the original Star Trek. Produced in 2011, I machined these from solid aluminum, with fin details fabricated from lexan. The prongs were laser-cut and the banding added on a CNC. Polarity caps are removable. Once completed, I put together a video detailing the step-by-step process that went into the job. If you're interested, here are 2 links:

Enjoy!

View attachment 422431

View attachment 422432

View attachment 422433

View attachment 422434
Do you have any of these left I would really like to buy one.

UPDATE #3

OK everyone, here’s the latest news on your Magnetic Probes…

The shop got the end caps done, complete with a terrific satin finish and chamfer edge. Saturday, I got a phone call from the shop owner to come and proof the handles. They’re beautiful: sleek and rugged down to their architecturally-grooved slots for clear fins. Unfortunately, my schedule did not allow me to drop by the shop and capture video of the process. The nubs are expected to have their notches put in tonight or tomorrow. The notch will hold the prongs in place.

All the prongs came back last week. The shop is in the process of writing the G-code, programming which will allow the CNC to engrave both sets of banding. Since only the quantity of prongs actually paid for were fabricated (again, thanks to those guys who skated), testing to assure correct placement will need to be done on resin castings. These will be turned over to the shop as soon as they’re confident the coding is correct. By the end of this week, perhaps. A white knuckle event, to be sure!

Well, enjoy the images everybody!

View attachment 444172

View attachment 444173

View attachment 444174

View attachment 444175

View attachment 444172

View attachment 444173

View attachment 444174

View attachment 444175
I know this is an older post but she still have one of those lying around I would love to buy it off of you.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back