Star trek: The next generation 25 anniversary

They say power corrupts, but that's it. Power corrupts. It's absolute because... I don't know. No one says why. I mean, Q may have god like powers, but he certainly doesn't come off as a corrupted individual.

Really. :rolleyes

Q himself was banned from the Continuum for tormenting entire races to satiate his boredom. :rolleyes

Star Trek Generations
Picard uses the power of the Nexus to save the lives of his entire crew even though they already died.

That's just being a dick. We can't save children who have died, but Picard can save his own crew who have also died. Way to showcase not using that power Picard.

He also saved 250 000 000 lives on Veritian 4, but I guess you overlooked that part since you're fond of putting your own spin on things.

If he was such a dick, why didn't he go back in time to save his Brother and Nephew?

(I know I'm just feeding the Troll. I don't know what compels me to continuosly take you off ignore Jeyl. I think this time will be the last for me. Bye-bye.)

Kevin

If he was such a dick, why didn't he go back in time to save his Brother and Nephew?

Because that would have made sense, and Generations doesn't have a lick of it. Sometimes characters aren't dicks by choice, and it doesn't help when the writers actually believe the characters are being incredibly awesome. They couldn't even kill an science fiction icon properly.

...and THAT is the problem the writers.

"If it aint on the page it aint on the stage!" :lol

Sometimes characters aren't dicks by choice, and it doesn't help when the writers actually believe the characters are being incredibly awesome. They couldn't even kill an science fiction icon properly.

Look who I saw yesterday...

DSCN0310Small.jpg

DSCN0303Small.jpg

DSCN0308Small.jpg

:cool:cool:cool

that was really cool! I was able to get my picture with the entire tng cast except Colm Meaney who of course was not there.

TVshowsondvd.com posted an update on the TNG Season One set, including what appears to be a promotional theatrical screenings of select episodes.

LINK

But there is a tad bit of bad news.

2 seconds of the original film elements for the episode "We'll Always Have Paris" have not been located and thus have been upconverted from Standard Definition videotape

But when you boil it down, one episode with two whole seconds of standard definition out of 24 whole High Definition episodes isn't too shabby. And it's not like they're just slapping the VHS tape of the episode either. The four second standard definition shot of Crusher from Sins of the Father was color corrected quite extensively to match the High Definition counter parts, so the differences weren't all that bad.

Still, I wonder if they'll have a disc replacement plan should that footage ever be found.

It was reported that the missing portion from Sins Of The Father had been found, and put back in place. So that bodes well for the other being found as well, hopefully before the disc release. But even if not it's only a small bit, I guess we can live with it.

It was reported that the missing portion from Sins Of The Father had been found, and put back in place. So that bodes well for the other being found as well, hopefully before the disc release. But even if not it's only a small bit, I guess we can live with it.

Honestly, I couldn't be more happier about this. Just 2 whole seconds? Considering they had to dig up every piece of film that was shown in the episode itself, I'm amazed it's not a minute of standard definition per episode.

I'm loving that they've made only minor tweaks to improve quality, and correct obvious errors, without replacing/re-imagining FX shots.
The more I see of these comparison pics, the more I'm being drawn to saving up for the blu-rays

Now here is some news to be proud of.

Season 2 BluRay to include an Extended Cut of "Measure of a Man"

Some details.
  • All new footage for the extended cut was found in HD. It wasn't trashed!
  • Extended Cut will be treated like it's being edited for the first time for broadcast.
  • New visual effects will be created and done in the same fashion as every other episode that is being re-done.
  • The original version as edited for broadcast will also be included on the BluRay.

I'm still waiting on the replacement discs. They said their presses were going to start shipping them out starting on the 10th of August but so far haven't heard back from the. Anyone who got the first season received any new info?

I'm one episode away from completing season one, so here are my short recaps on my TNG HD experience.

1. Was TNG HD a success?
YES! Wow, was it a success. Even the exploding head in Conspiracy looks great!

2. Any downsides?
Audio issues that are being dealt with, some missing effects like the missing phaser blast in heart of glory, the disintegrated parasite queen in Conspiracy, the navigation lights on Space Dock and the two seconds of standard definition footage in "We'll always have Paris". Still, for a project that's built on bringing a series back to life, missing only two seconds is down right amazing.

3. Opinions about season one change for the better?
No. They changed for the worst. This is a horrible season.

4. Favorite remastered moments?
The remastered opening, the entire sequence of the Enterprise arriving at Space Dock in "11001001" and her firing all weapons in "Arsenal of Freedom".

5. Weirdest moment?
Encounter at Farpoint where the episode plays a clip show of itself.

Update from thedigitalbits.com regarding the replacement discs.

"Now then... we've gotten word that shipments of CBS's fixed Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season One Blu-rays have been pushed into early September. The reason is that it seems one of the episodes on Disc Five was found to be missing a visual effect, so that's being fixed as well. We'll let you know when shipments start hitting the mail."

It looks like we will be getting four replacement discs instead of three since the audio issues only existed on discs 1, 3 and 4 where as the missing visual effect from "Heart of Glory" is on disc 5. I wonder if they'll also fix the approach lights that are missing in 11001001.

I received my Blu-ray replacement discs today.

Fixes that I would like to know.

1. Does the USS Hood have it's blinking belly light in "Encounter at Farpoint"?
  2. In the opening shot of "11001001", does the Starbase now have it's approach lights on?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back