Star trek: The next generation 25 anniversary

AshGL1914

Sr Member
Ha! That's what I get for staying up all night! Ha! So what do we think of the chances of a blu-ray release of TNG in time for the 25th anniversary? I will always be primarily a Star Trek: TOS fan, but 24 years ago tonight ALL I could think of was that that STAR TREK was back on weekly tv, with a new ship, new uniforms, new characters, and new places to go! I never missed an episode, and loved it all (even if "Fairpoint was silly)!

Happy Birthday Next Gen! Thanks for returning us all to the final frontier every week, and I really want to see this in high def next year. :p

John

Last edited:
They did a test-run of remastering four episodes (if you count Farpoint as two) by going back to the original film elements, transferring them in HD, and reassembling the shows from scratch with redone effects. I imagine/hope they're using as much of the 35mm film model work as possible rather than replacing it all with CG.

There has been great debate over whether it would be appropriate to do this 16x9 or retain it as 4x3 as it was originally composed and shot. We'll know soon...

Dear God! It's been THAT long?!:( I still miss not being able to see any new episodes each week. Someday, maybe.

That's what I said when I saw this thread. It sure when fast. My parents were into it more than I was but I did enjoy the later episodes and the series finale was my favorite.

I've been thinking about this since Late July when I started running TNG Episodes for my girlfriend.

Man has time gone by.......

There was a while there where the style of the show still looked current to me, but I went back and started rewatching it on Netflix and....yeah....it's VERY 90s. I never thought the 90s would end up having a distinct "look" to them as far as TV shows went, but between that and rewatching, oh, Tekwar, yeah, they REALLY do.

Oh Yeah I cringe at some of the Episodes but hey they were a product of their time

There was a while there where the style of the show still looked current to me, but I went back and started rewatching it on Netflix and....yeah....it's VERY 90s. I never thought the 90s would end up having a distinct "look" to them as far as TV shows went, but between that and rewatching, oh, Tekwar, yeah, they REALLY do.

Thankfully one ace in the hole for Netflix is that you can stream everything but DS9! Happy Trekking!

1236910781222.jpg

LOL

Great news. Can't say I will bother buying the sample disc when the seasons are coming out shortly after. I'm not in that much of a hurry.

Well 24 to be exact.

I remember wathcing it with my Kmart exclusive Icee cups and my Cheerios box with the poster offer and preview of the upcoming action figure line! I think the box came with some stickers inside, I still have all these items. :cool

I sure do miss Trek :(

Anyone else remember these iconic video boxes:

Star_Trek_VHS_Front_sm.jpg

Funny...25 years...I think that I still have one of these in a box somewhere too:

%21B0wH+o%21EWk%7E$%28KGrHqF,%21hEEw5g95lwiBMbq32y%29+g%7E%7E_35.JPG

In 1993, just out of high school, I was working my second ever job as a clerk at a video store. Great place, great friends, lots and lots of fun there. A few of us were ST:TNG fans, and we'd take home these video tapes to watch. Then one day...no more. And the owner didn't want to buy any more. So basically I got one season, totally hooked, then...cold turkey. Those of us who had been checking them out were so bummed!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back