Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Has anyone watched the season 2 premier yet? I absolutely loved Carol Kane, she is both hilarious and wonderfully real at the same time. Big DGAF energy from her character. And Spock's "I would like the ship to go. Now." was just... Chef's kiss.

Spock's "I would like the ship to go. Now."was just... Chef's kiss.

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Sorry, I can’t hide my reaction…. ;)

Loved it. My theory is that Flint from TOS is also a Lanthanite, even if he doesn't know it.

My only tiny quibble with the catchphrase bit was that it happened while they were in the middle of stealing the Enterprise. True, Starfleet didn't know anything was amis yet, but they were ignoring the hail, so time was of the essence. Not as annoying as Discovery's crisis heart to hearts, but still noticeable.

And it’s vulgar and not with watching.

SNW is as close to Real Trek as we’ve been given since 2005.
Which really isn't saying much. We watched the first episode last night. It was passable but that's about as far as you can get. It isn't something that I'd look forward to every week. About the kindest thing I can say is that it didn't make me throw up in my mouth.

Has anyone watched the season 2 premier yet? I absolutely loved Carol Kane, she is both hilarious and wonderfully real at the same time. Big DGAF energy from her character. And Spock's "I would like the ship to go. Now." was just... Chef's kiss.

I thought it was okay. I didn't love the Temp V juice and the drawn out hallway fight. The rest was good though.

I mostly enjoyed the 1st season as long as I thought of it as a reboot.

This first 2nd season episode though was mostly pretty bad. I don’t know who that was with the pointed ears but it’s not Spock. I think my wife nailed it…. They are writing Spock like Sheldon.

I also hated the drug enhanced fight. That just didn’t feel right.

For me this first new episode is a miss. Hoping the next one is better.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back