Star Trek - Strange New Worlds - Leather Away Jacket

Very exciting, and I applaud the work. I will say however, with close inspection the screen used jacket most likely has leather material that is cusom created for the accent panels. I would imagine that a large rolling press with a custom designed "delta" pattern roller is what was used to create such large panels seemlessly with the delta embossed leather pattern. Very costly tooling, but the result was fantastic!!

Here's an example of the style of press I'm sure that was used. They probably had one of the rollers custom CNC with delta pattern to press the leather with the pattern.

If someone was to duplicate this method, I'm certain bags, wallets, belts, and more could use the accent matterial for additional sales volume on the custom material.
No it's the same puff paint on material as the shirts.

NOT METALLIC GOLD! BLACK ON GREY BACKGROUND! TWO TONES ON COAT GREY AND DARKER GREY UNDER DELTAS! Fix it.
Question, I have the jacket and in season 1 episode 3 the away team wears their insignia on their uniform shirts. In season 2 episode 10 Captain Batel and her away team wear their insignia on the outside of their jackets. What is the correct protocol for wearing the insignia with the away jacket. My thinking and this is the same with the military, you wear your insignia on your outer most layer. Thanks!

I have one of the jackets and the leather is extra stiff. Does anyone know of a good leather softener or conditioner? Thanks!

Question, I have the jacket and in season 1 episode 3 the away team wears their insignia on their uniform shirts. In season 2 episode 10 Captain Batel and her away team wear their insignia on the outside of their jackets. What is the correct protocol for wearing the insignia with the away jacket. My thinking and this is the same with the military, you wear your insignia on your outer most layer. Thanks!
Season 1 had it inside.
SNW_109_MG_09_30_21__049566_RT.jpg

Season 2 had it outside.
FB_IMG_1691957278113.jpg

Yes, the doctor has his insignia on the inside in season 1, but Hammer a charter from only season 1 has it on the outside of the jacket.

IMG_0350.png

Yes, the doctor has his insignia on the inside in season 1, but Hammer a charter from only season 1 has it on the outside of the jacket.

View attachment 1776567
That is a mannequin (actually the dummy seen falling in s1) from the star trek snw reveal exhibition and not "screen used" so in no way exemplary of how used in show. As a matter of fact writing on the labels as seen by a costume fanatic known as "Making It Sew" there shows it to not even be one worn by "Hemmer" but used on screen by a female actor and just used on the mannequin for display purposes. Sorry you're wrong.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back