Star Trek: Picard

Regarding Riker’s and Troi’s son and his ailment...

I have to say it sounds preposterous. He had an ailment that only portions of a positronic brain could cure? Where is the compatibility between the two?

It’s like saying I, a human, have an ailment that only the anti-virus software on my computer can cure.

Am I missing something here? Someone help me to understand.

Last edited:

I have to say it sounds preposterous. He had an ailment that only portions of a positronic brain could cure? Where is the compatibility between the two?

It’s like saying I, a human, have an ailment that only the anti-virus software on my computer can cure.

I don't think the writers of Picard even know the answer to that...

some of the people, know nothing.

Why are people like this even allowed near it?

To paraphrase Kurtzman's comments about Picard and make them about Kurtzman,

...................."He has never written and produced Star Trek properly before and he's really really bad at it........ and he's treating fans like he knows it all and we are idiots and .....he's got to wake up to that reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Somebody needs to teach him in so many ways about Star Trek!!!!!!!!...........because he's really really bad at it and..... he's got to wake up to that reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........because he's really really bad at it...... he's got to wake up to that reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........because he's really really bad at it "

Last edited:
It's not just the Inner Light (although how can anyone forget one of the best episodes), Picard going from someone uncomfortable around kids and families to gradually become really good at dealing with kids even completely heartbroken when Rene dies is one of the subplots of the whole series. It shows up again and again. Westley and Rene win him over, then he becomes a second father to Westley, and a father figure to that other kid they find who didn't know he was human. By the time Inner Light comes around he's already established as having become someone really good with kids.

PhotoGrid_1582922271963.jpg

How else can they tie Troi and Riker into the gossamer thin plot they've created?
More of Kurtzman's handwaving science Trek.
For all of the complaints aimed at the Technobabble in Star Trek, it had its own internal logic that worked.
Kurtzman era science is either fantasy magic, see the Mycelial network in Disco. or magic time-rewinding wands in Picard, or just an empty line of dialogue with zero sense, context or link to anything else.

How else can they tie Troi and Riker into the gossamer thin plot they've created?
More of Kurtzman's handwaving science Trek.
For all of the complaints aimed at the Technobabble in Star Trek, it had its own internal logic that worked.
Kurtzman era science is either fantasy magic, see the Mycelial network in Disco. or magic time-rewinding wands in Picard, or just an empty line of dialogue with zero sense, context or link to anything else.

OOPS, DOUBLE POST.

Good Lord...

Spoilers below.

The opening scene of the latest episode, on the “Grief World” and laser beam merry-go-round that shows you images that will drive you mad if you touch it....it goes on from there. We have entered a whole new final frontier of stupidity now.

Really, this scene metaphorically reflects the experience of the viewer of this show...if you dare to watch you may be driven mad by what they show you.

Like Agnes, my reaction to Picard has been “...I wish I didn’t know what I know. I wish they hadn’t shown me.”

Oh, and everyone’s favorite foul-mouthed character, Admiral Clancy, got the honor of beating Wesley Crusher to the punch by declaring to Picard, “Shut the **** up!” Yes, a new high-water mark and one of the greatest of moments in this franchise.

D9F74304-FDA1-4FA6-A90D-794A7298D0C7.jpeg

Yes...and the rumors are true about 7 of 9.

Last edited:
I just wanna know how anyone can drag eight stars into an orbit around a planet.

In a world of mysticism, magic, pre-destination, unearned moments, inconsistent characters, and terrible writing, any feat of stupidity is possible.

You must have faith in the Picard show runners that they have yet to reach their intended destination to the bottom of the barrel in quality. They are so close, but there is still so much left for them to give.

Last edited:
Thank you for watching this nonsense so that I don't have to!

The problem is, if people are still watching it, especially through CBSAA or Amazon then the views count towards their ratings, which perpetuates this abomination.

We have Michael Chabon to thank for the latest episode. Hard that believe that kind of drivel could originate from the mind of such an accomplished award winning writer.

Wanna something astonishing? At the start of the episode you see apocalyptic visions that drive some of the Zhat Vash acolytes to go insane. One of the visions is presumably the face of a synthetic lifeform. If you do a search of stock images for generic cyborgs, you'll find the CGI artist's inspiration for that image.
PhotoGrid_1584024738060.jpg

Last edited:
We have Michael Chabon to thank for the latest episode. Hard that believe that kind of drivel could originate from the mind of such an accomplished award winning writer.

Wanna something astonishing? At the start of the episode you see apocalyptic visions that drive some of the Zhat Vash acolytes to go insane. One of the visions is presumably the face of a synthetic lifeform. If you do a search of stock images for generic cyborgs, you'll find the CGI artist's inspiration for that image.View attachment 1275459

ADB3BCF7-7C51-4D54-88DB-0DD51222D2A1.jpeg

Wanna something astonishing? At the start of the episode you see apocalyptic visions that drive some of the Zhat Vash acolytes to go insane. One of the visions is presumably the face of a synthetic lifeform. If you do a search of stock images for generic cyborgs, you'll find the CGI artist's inspiration for that image.View attachment 1275459
It looks worse even

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back