Star Trek: Picard

Maybe my disillusionment with JJ Trek lowered my expectations. Maybe I've always found exploring the cracks in the facade of utopia interesting (DS9 is my favorite Trek).

Whatever the case, I'm not complaining. I like what they've done with Seven (she is far more interesting here than she ever was to me in Voyager), I'm also intensely curious to see where the story goes.

So glad I stopped watching this poorly written excuse for Star Trek.
I found I was enjoying the Youtube post episode discussions way more than the episodes themselves, particularly Dave Cullen's videos and Robert Meyer Burnett's discussions.

I'm actually saddened that the writing on Star Trek is so bad and that fans coming to Star Trek with Disco. and Picard as their gateway series are given such nonsense.

Back to my Star Trek blurays and books I go.

What the **** was episode 6 about?

That scene with drunk and high Raffi was just absolutely retarded. It was so long and drawn out, with that stupid comical music playing in the background. I have no idea what they were doing other than showing us how yaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn damaged Raffi is, yet so incredibly competent. And the applause followed by the Star Trek fanfare was the cringeworthy icing on the cake. And her Captain friend using a such a 21st-century term of the week by calling Raffi Lit, just draws me out the fantasy of what we're watching. That was just groovy.

But no, let's add more to it and have her talk about herself to Rios.

And the Doctor... Isn't she just feeling all guilty, waaaa waaaa waaaa. Is she going to be the Star Trek's Dr Smith? I'm sensing that they're going to take us there with her.

I'm super glad that they've included a JJ Super Transporter to move characters around for a quick exit.

Re-visiting Picard's Borg experience was a treat. He's had decades to deal with his PTSD in the future that should make our treatment of mental health look as magical to us as our contemporary treatment of mental health would look to people in the 17th century. But sure, let's look at it again, because he's had no other experiences to be emotional about.

There are only 4 episodes left this season. 4, and I have no clue what the hell I'm watching here. There's no focus. The dialogue just makes me cringe. It's ******* Discovery with Patrick Stewart. Great job people. Just keep ******* over Star Trek. Maybe it'll turn around in another 20 years.

The fact that there are only 4 episodes left in the season is making me wonder if they are planning on dragging out this particular story line over more than one season and even if they don't what will they come up with for excuses for him to go on some sort of an adventure each season..

That was a tech previously seen in Voyager, that the Borg assimilated later, as noted in the episode.

The Sikarian Spatial Trajector required the tetrahedral quartz of the planet's crust to focus the beam over such a long distance.

If the Borg were able to use that technology, why would only the Queen have access to it?
Why not use it to beam an armada's worth of drones onto a planet and assimilate it in about 5 minutes?
Oh yeah, this is JJ/Kurtzman Trek, everything is superficial lip service without any deeper consideration beyond dropping in easter eggs.

For me, I am approaching the same comfortable state of absolute apathy that I have for Discovery when it comes to Picard.

It’s just an all around “meh” experience for me that I just don’t care enough about, one way or another. I recognize it for what it is; Patrick Stewart’s science fiction show with Star Trek in the title.

Last edited:
For me, I am approaching the same comfortable state of absolute apathy that I have for Discovery when it comes to Picard.

It’s just an all around “meh” experience for me that I just don’t care enough about, one way or another. I recognize it for what it is; Patrick Stewart’s science fiction show with Star Trek in the title.

Congratulations, it sounds like you have reached the acceptance stage.

this shot is dumb, haha.

*note - I’m watching this baked... so maybe it’s not.

Is Picard looking at a flopped version of his borg head, so that we get this effect without him holding the wrong side of his head..?

C9F4F665-BAEA-47DB-A45E-D98123AF1C12.jpeg

Definately the strongest episode yet ( though Im sure some of you would say thats not saying much;)) All the bits dealing with Picards Borg ptsd were great. That shot seen in the post above was a highlight. Picard and Hughs reunion put a smile on my face. And I had a little chuckle at that 40000 light year transporter. If Im correct the Sikaarians were the species Voyager encountered that had that same tech and refused to let them use it, meaning they were assimilated sometime after Voyager left:lol:. Great little easter egg if Im right about the species/episode.

Edit- yeah, already discussed. Totally missed the last few posts somehow.

Last edited:
The Borg queens emergency escape portal appears a lot like TNG 2nd season Iconian portal from "Contagion."
Similar indeed but they reference the Sikaarians specifically, which means this is likely a cube that originated in the Delta Quadrant if it assimilated their technology.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back