Star Trek Picard Season Three

This absolutely explains why the insiders who have watched the entire season are glowing with praise.

Pure. Memba. Berries.

As an outsider who simply no longer cares, and won't subscribe to Paramount +, this all sounds like fanfic. Maybe even good fanfic, at times, but the little I've seen and heard makes me feel like this is not at the level of proper TREK.

Lots and lots of Stockholm Syndrome, I think. Battered spouses believing the whole, "I've changed, baby!" bit.

To each their own.
On that note:
By all rights, they shouldn't have any of the Enterprise-D in a musem. The Saucer would have been irretrievably damaged by the landing, per the TNG Tech Manual:
"It is assumed that the vehicle would be a total loss insofar as ever being returned to operational service, due to the extreme loads placed upon it, which would result in deep, unrecoverable alloy damage. Postlanding mission rules call for full security measures to protect the crew and vehicle while awaiting Starfleet assistance. Numerous options have been documented, from simple waiting within Federation or allied territory, to total evacuation and vehicle destruct in areas controlled by Threat forces."
Sternbach, Rick, and Michael Okuda. Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual, page 29. Pocket Books, November 1 1991. ( ISBN 0-671-70427-3)

Just look at what happened to the bridge when the ship came to a full stop on Veridian III.

On that note:
By all rights, they shouldn't have any of the Enterprise-D in a musem. The Saucer would have been irretrievably damaged by the landing, per the TNG Tech Manual:

Sternbach, Rick, and Michael Okuda. Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual, page 29. Pocket Books, November 1 1991. ( ISBN 0-671-70427-3)
It will will have a big dent on the underside of the saucer section.

Or…like DS9…it will be a sister ship given a new registry.

After two uninspiring seasons we get the third season of Picard. I wonder how they did it? Bringing Q back in season 2 didn't improve much, so I'm surprised they experimented and tried again to bring back more of the TNG cast. Hopefully they take this success and build on it (Not for Picard of course, since it's the last season, but ST in general).

TazMan2000

After two uninspiring seasons we get the third season of Picard. I wonder how they did it? Bringing Q back in season 2 didn't improve much, so I'm surprised they experimented and tried again to bring back more of the TNG cast. Hopefully they take this success and build on it (Not for Picard of course, since it's the last season, but ST in general).

TazMan2000
Just as Enterprise brought on Manny Coto to turn around the series, I think Terry Matalas has made an impact on season 3. I know he was there for season 2, but he was really pulled away and his attention focused on season 3.

The USS Yamato, it was destroyed.
I had a feeling it had been, but my memory is fuzzy. Been a long time since I watched those first two seasons.

Regardless, if we can change the number of decks a ship has between movies and acceptably call it a "refit" then no leaps of logic are off the table as far as I'm concerned.

I can’t see them reconstructing the TNG Enterprise D sets for this series.

From what I understand, the budget on this show is not as high as we may think and Season 3 is mostly a “bottle show” with a few key reused sets (10 Forward Bar, Matalas Prime Street, Titan sets, etc) very much like Wrath of Khan, indeed…

Last edited:

From what I understand, the budget on this show is not as high as we may think and Season 3 is mostly a “bottle show” with a few key reused sets (10 Forward Bar, Matalis Prime Street, Titan sets, etc) very much like Wrath of Khan, indeed…

Matalas proved what RMB has been saying all along... you can make a quality Star Trek show without the exorbitant budget.

I had a feeling it had been, but my memory is fuzzy. Been a long time since I watched those first two seasons.

Regardless, if we can change the number of decks a ship has between movies and acceptably call it a "refit" then no leaps of logic are off the table as far as I'm concerned.
Or, when Shatner directed ST V and suddenly the bridge was deck 26 (or whatever number it was)

From what I understand, the budget on this show is not as high as we may think and Season 3 is mostly a “bottle show” with a few key reused sets (10 Forward Bar, Matalas Prime Street, Titan sets, etc) very much like Wrath of Khan, indeed…

They may have borrowed/ asked fans to use their replica bridge(s).

I
They may have borrowed/ asked fans to use their replica bridge(s).

Hmmmmm…

Well, I guess they could have set up some chairs and panels in a brightly-lit Hilton Lobby?

5FE1AEA5-22AF-4702-A2E7-8C843D770F6B.jpeg

;)

Guy Gardner was played by the actor who played Easy Company's Ron Speirs in Band of Brothers.
Looks more like Kyle Rainer...Guy Gardner was a redhead, had a bowl-cut and was a complete jerk.

Getting back on topic: I wonder if/ when they plan on killing off Shaw? o_O

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back