Star Trek Picard Season Three

Looks more like Kyle Rainer...Guy Gardner was a redhead, had a bowl-cut and was a complete jerk.

Getting back on topic: I wonder if/ when they plan on killing off Shaw? o_O

That would be a big mistake as Shaw's easily one of the most likeable aspects of the show.

We'll finally see Commodore Geordi Laforge in Episode 6.
Frr_8JWWYAITWTm.jpeg.jpg

On that note:
By all rights, they shouldn't have any of the Enterprise-D in a musem. The Saucer would have been irretrievably damaged by the landing, per the TNG Tech Manual:

Sternbach, Rick, and Michael Okuda. Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual, page 29. Pocket Books, November 1 1991. ( ISBN 0-671-70427-3)

Just look at what happened to the bridge when the ship came to a full stop on Veridian III.

Given the in-universe tech, NOTHING should be irretrievably damaged in the ST Universe. Since transporters can disassemble atoms and beam the subatomic particles long distances, only to reassemble them IN PERFECT ORDER DOWN TO THE INHERENT QUARK SPIN (based on the original item's pattern), then one COULD reassemble whatever remains of ANY object, "straighten it out" in the transporter buffer piece by piece, and replicate missing matter... with matter replicators.

But it may quickly become a Ship Of Theseus type scenario.

Given the in-universe tech, NOTHING should be irretrievably damaged in the ST Universe. Since transporters can disassemble atoms and beam the subatomic particles long distances, only to reassemble them IN PERFECT ORDER DOWN TO THE INHERENT QUARK SPIN (based on the original item's pattern), then one COULD reassemble whatever remains of ANY object, "straighten it out" in the transporter buffer piece by piece, and replicate missing matter... with matter replicators.

But it may quickly become a Ship Of Theseus type scenario.
While that's true, it seems the writers of the ZTNG manual are speaking insofar as trying to repair the ship via what we would consider conventional" means (i.e. shipyard and welding/ replacing damaged parts, etc.). But yeah, I do agree at some point it would become a Ship of Theseus issue.

I started rewatching Voyager, I'm on episode 6, where Paris takes Kim to his holodeck recreation of the bar he hung out in during his academy training.

Why is it that with the limitless possibilities of holodeck technology that the crews just keep recreating bars? Picard does it on the Titan, Paris does it on Voyager, Bashir does it on DS9 (they hung out in a holosuite simulation of a bar within Quark's bar)! They must think, "hey, we live in confined spaces in outer space, with mostly only black space out the few windows we have, so let's use our leisure time sitting around and drinking in confined, window-less bars!"

The only logical answer is that the writers of these shows are all alcoholics.

This was a pleasant conversation between Trek alumni. Gates also shared the thought process behind the show and I thought it was fascinating. Loved Dominic's reaction when he realized that Terry Matalas was THAT Terry (i.e. Brannon Braga's assistant): "I knew I should have been nicer to him!" lol

This was a pleasant conversation between Trek alumni. Gates also shared the thought process behind the show and I thought it was fascinating. Loved Dominic's reaction when he realized that Terry Matalas was THAT Terry (i.e. Brannon Braga's assistant): "I knew I should have been nicer to him!" lol

I watched one of these and am on the fence about watching more. On one hand it's delightful insight. On the other, it's infuriating, because Dominic DOES NOT LET THE GUEST TALK. They can never finish a story or a thought, or sometimes even a sentence. Dom will ask a question then interrupt the answer. Maddening.

I watched one of these and am on the fence about watching more. On one hand it's delightful insight. On the other, it's infuriating, because Dominic DOES NOT LET THE GUEST TALK. They can never finish a story or a thought, or sometimes even a sentence. Dom will ask a question then interrupt the answer. Maddening.

Yeah…I love the guy but his enthusiasm gets the better of him, sometimes, and he doesn’t always allow the guests to finish their train of thought.

As a drinking game, take a shot whenever he says “God bless, mate…”

;)

I

Hmmmmm…

Well, I guess they could have set up some chairs and panels in a brightly-lit Hilton Lobby?

View attachment 1681110

;)
This pic reminds of something I thought years ago. How bad was the posture of anyone sitting in those forward chairs. I mean Data could just reset his android spine and muscles, but any human crew, would be in sickbay after every shift, lol.

This pic reminds of something I thought years ago. How bad was the posture of anyone sitting in those forward chairs. I mean Data could just reset his android spine and muscles, but any human crew, would be in sickbay after every shift, lol.
I don't know about the chairs, but I read that several cast members experienced back problems from the original one-piece uniforms because the combination of the tight fit and the stirrups made the costumes pull downward from their shoulders, putting stress on their backs when they stood.

Another excellent episode. It was heartwarming to see the band back together and to see new CG renditions of our favorite ships treated with the respect that they deserve. And lots of interesting easter eggs at Daystrom Station, including one that surprisingly coincides with a recent birthday. ;)

Great episode. Loved the laughs. They were well earned. My only niggle is they got the CG TOS ship all wrong. Looks more like they went from the AMT kit. But that’s small stuff. The episode was excellent, and the twists were terrific.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back