Star Trek Picard Season Three

I wonder….will he be “Bloated B4” with the funky hairline that looks like a Spirit Halloween Store wig?

View attachment 1615210

Maybe they’ll reveal that, in an attempt to be more human, Data simulated male pattern baldness, then made a toupee out of a dead tribble. Golem-Picard will then begin wearing a tribble-toupee to honor his late android friend, whom he apparently was also in love with. Sweet, sweet love between two androids wearing tribble-toupees will appeal to a very specific, oppressed minority of fans who can finally see themselves represented onscreen.

Maybe they’ll reveal that, in an attempt to be more human, Data simulated male pattern baldness, then made a toupee out of a dead tribble. Golem-Picard will then begin wearing a tribble-toupee to honor his late android friend, whom he apparently was also in love with. Sweet, sweet love between two androids wearing tribble-toupees will appeal to a very specific, oppressed minority of fans who can finally see themselves represented onscreen.
Please, please, please, and about 1000 more pleases, don't give them any ideas.

Why is 7 of 9 qualified to captain a new HUGE starship?

Picard S3 Teaser

I don’t think she’s the captain? I heard Synthetic Picard say “…would you do us the honor, Commander.”

And she has a commander’s pips on her collar.

0BBF5688-F626-4614-A2B7-7579D56C16F4.jpeg

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m having a really great time NOT watching these beloved characters and this beloved universe get bludgeoned to paste by creatively-bankrupt monkeys. Remember, these are the people who gave us a 21st century bar called “Ten Forward”, run by Guinan, because they’re simply too stupid and too ill-informed to know that the name of the 1701-D’s bar means “Deck Ten, Forward section”. It’s the sort of idiotic, non-sequitur Memba Berry that these idiots consistently use in lieu of actual storytelling and internal logic. See also: “Project Khan”.

Coincidentally, I just finished watching THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY in its snazzy new 4K iteration (Film grain! No obnoxious DNR!), and that got me thinking.

It’s become something of a touchstone and a cliche to say Nick Meyer was in no way a STAR TREK fan when he was tapped to direct THE WRATH OF KHAN. But, being a highly-intelligent, literate, and thoughtful guy, he did his homework, and instinctively came to understand what made the material and the characters work, right down to unknowingly hitting upon the Captain Horatio Hornblower vibe that Gene Roddenberry himself had been influenced by, back in the day.

Meyer may have irreverently pushed certain limits (and often arguably in ways which took the material closer to its “gunboat diplomacy”, pulpy roots, which Roddenberry had strayed from in the decade after the show has been cancelled) but in no way are his TREK films some kind of abominations which completely destroyed the characters, concepts, and tone which had been established long before he came on the scene. Indeed, Meyer brought many fresh and new elements to the table, which were hugely influential for years to come. His movies may have a few contrivances and character-/logic-weakening bits, but, on the whole, they are intelligent, wildly entertaining, and a great deal of fun.

Flash-forward to now, and you have King of The Hacks Abrams and his Bad Reboot acolytes running the show. Abrams, whose primary selling point on the publicity tour for his 2009 film was that he was never a TREK fan, and didn’t understand the material. Abrams, who has made a career of aping the styles and rebooting the properties of other, far better filmmakers. Abrams, the Destroyer of Worlds who killed both STAR TREK and STAR WARS within the span of a few years.

Like a sacrificial lamb, STAR TREK was handed to people who do not understand, respect, or deserve it, and who immediately proceeded to butcher and reshape it in their own image. The lack of respect is truly staggering, and it’s a sign of the times that so many viewers eagerly bought the fool’s gold and the snake-oil, at least initially.

Frankly, I fail to understand how even the longest of longtime fans can continue to willingly have this grotesquely incompetent, deeply insulting, and divisive dreck shoved down their throats. Of course, they have a right to do so, but that doesn’t mean I have to understand or condone it. I can only assume it’s some form of Stockholm Syndrome or masochism.

What I do know is that those few who remain to sing the praises of NuTREK are indeed a minority. And most definitely a minority compared to all of the fans who have stopped caring and departed, and therefore remain silent.

I, too, have departed, but the only reason I don’t remain silent is because I have a strong sense of justice.

And justice is coming. Time and history have a way of setting things right.

Last edited:
Teaser trailer dropped:

And the question of the "established character" Brent Spiner is playing is revealed:
star-trek-picard-brent-spiner-1.jpg

In case it wasn't obvious (and it certainly isn't), he's playing Lore.
Obviously, they're avoiding any makeup and CGI debacles like in season 1 with Data, but it feels like a cheat to do nothing to change Spiner's apperance. People do forget that Data had an aging subroutine (or some such thing) so that he would age somewhat (established in the S07E10 episode "Inheritance,"
with Data's "mother"). And we assume Lore would have the same programming. But changing his skin, hair and eye color seems a bit too far. We'll probably get some explanation of him getting a new body or "upgrades" or something. Guess it'll give me another chance to work on my Data deepfakes, though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back