Star Trek Next Generation (Data)

Well I dug out that old wig I was going to use and my hairline isn't right for it, I'm not going to be able to use a wig for this costume. So chemical straightening it is. This is gonna suck.

I got some alcohol based makeup in white, I'm hoping that mixed with the gold powder from the previous attempt will have a good outcome. And I managed to make it to SDCC for a day and picked up my ties from Anovos, so tomorrow morning the color matching process begins. I'm also going to pattern the pants some time in the next week.

Hey Daniel

Good luck ! Drop me a PM if you'd like to talk about the details for your costume. Sorry I was a bit short at the booth, it was such a long day.

I'd love to talk about the details with you, that would be awesome. Sorry I didn't come by on Sunday, I didn't make it back to the con.

I picked up some raglan shoulder pads in LA today. I have to go out of town for most of the weekend and then take care of some Etsy orders, but hopefully I'll find a little time to pattern the pants.

Tiny update, I got a couple yards of black liner fabric at Mood today. All I'm missing now is the gold rope trim, which I'm having difficulty finding in a small enough diameter. Going to dive into that a bit more next week, no particular hurry.

I've tried several attempts at the Data makeup now, lots of different types of makeup. Nothing works. So I give up. If anybody can contribute some useful advice, maybe I'll try again some day. For now it's going into a box in the back of the closet.

My girlfriend is a makeup artist. I'll ask her if she has any ideas, we've been watching a lot of TNG lately, so she's familiar with the character.

It would be really appreciated. I've gotten advice from 3 different makeup artist as is and nothing they've told me has worked, but I'm always open to hear new ideas.

Randomly found what looks like perfect command gabardine at B Black and Sons yesterday. Added to the teal gabardine they've had for a few months now and the perfect polyester twill for the pants they recently got, they've almost got all of the Next Gen uniform fabrics. If only they'd get that gold back in stock.

Given all the issues I've had with Data, I think I'll do a Riker/Q outfit first.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back