Star Trek II:TWOK Communicator Concept

Re: Star Trek II:TWOK Commicator Concept

A big improvement on the original design. I didn't realise they were going to use wallow talkies, that would have been rubbish!

I always though Twok comms looked like a step backwards in technology, being so big and clunky compared to the sleek TOS design, but you've married the movie design and functionality nicely here.

An-PRT-4A.jpg

I just used some aluminum!
Again..Bravo on the whole design :)
Very cool :)

I have posted this on the TPZ also and have gained a little more interest in it over there :)

Wow! Awesome buildups.
But whered the idea for the blue midplate come from?
And for that matter, Sporak... The blue lights... Whats with all the blue?

But seriously, I like both of 'em.

I thought it was a neat variation of the red lights on the movie version.

I almost did my mid plate blue too... :)

I agree some kits can be boring in one color.... But yet the prop you're meshing it with is in fact a wee bit... bland shall we say, and i kinda think that was the point.

Yes...but that's the beauty of a concept kit...you can build it anyway you like :)

This is fabulous! I agree, that's the way it should've been in the first place.

Minor correction in the prop history: the STII comms were from the stock of Modern Props--they were already available to anyone who wanted to rent them when STII came along.

Minor correction in the prop history: the STII comms were from the stock of Modern Props--they were already available to anyone who wanted to rent them when STII came along.

Thanks!

I don't think that is true- the STII tricorder was off the shelf of a prop house, but I believe Richard Coyle built the STII comms (in a hurry, after Nick Meyer had finally been talked out of using the walkie talkie shown above)

Thats true.. Me and Sporak consulted Coyle before we bagan the construction on our "WOK Comms." he whiped up the comm and showed it to Nick Meyer as an alternative.

Almost right but it wasn't Nick Meyer...it was the propmaster at Modern Props.
And it was Steve Ladish who actually built them.

Richard did build the WOK Wrist comm though.

The following is an exerpt from what Richard Coyle wrote to me about it.

"SFAF/MP-1130-X=Star Fleet Assembly Fleet/Modern Props-1130-X (this was the real address for Modern Props on Florence Ave in Hawthorne CA.)

Steve Ladish was the main builder at Modern Props. The two knobs and mouth piece was from a Walky Talky...that the propmaster wanted to use with a flip grill added. Steve built these on spec, recreating a few of the details the PM liked . And he liked it.

Thank god or it would have been so much worse."

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back