Star Trek Beyond costume thread

I'm looking to put a kirk/Command costume together,having looked around online I've found a few but they look questionable, and unfortunately anovos have sold out of their new Command tunic,would it be advisable to wait for a run on here or go for a cheap less than accurate one online? bearing in mind I have basically no practical skills,I can just about do model kits but thats as far as it goes lol, and it'll be my first costume for comic con and halloween etc. what would you guys recomend?

Anovos is fantastic...but unfortunately I don't think any of their Beyond stuff is going to be ready in October. My hope is that we collectively get enough information together that people can start producing their own pretty soon. Honestly I think the only main issue left is nailing down the fabric used. Otherwise the patterns, especially for the male uniform, are pretty straightforward.

The 1701st group has a ton of resources and are working in parallel to get all the information too.

For the shirt, I'd suggest using softshell polyester fabric. It seems to have a similar texture and it's often used in sports clothing (jackets and such) so it would make sense. it has a very smooth outside while the inside is soft fleece, and it is pretty flexible as far as I can tell. The only trouble now is with finding the right shades (I'm using blue myself), or you're willing to mix colours and dye it yourself.
03bluefront-1024x768.jpg

Based on the video posted by Tested on YouTube today, the boots used for the costume appear to be the Racer m by Trippen. Links included.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46lG4MMzwL4

Boots: http://en.trippen.com/products/racer-m
Yes, that's absolutely the correct boot. I photographed a screen-used Chris Pine costume at the Smithsonian in DC back when Beyond was playing in their IMAX theater. I'll get the whole shebang watermarked on Thursday and post them here. But here's a sample in the meantime -- no question you have the right boot.

Pine%20Boot%20Sample%20copy.jpg

Anyone have a good picture of Kirks trousers or know what colour and design they are? Meaning the ones he wears with the tunic not the survival jacket.
I have excellent, detailed pictures of the whole Pine costume. The pants are black, and made of some kind of twill fabric, maybe wool. The twill is pretty fine. Some of my photos do look charcoal gray, because I was right on top of the costume with my flash. The pants are absolutely black.

The pattern is unusual, broken into several panels, and it does resemble a cargo pant, but it's not. Pix Thursday. Pinky swear. :)

EDIT -- Check that -- not as many panels as I remembered. A lot of it is decorative stitching, similar to riding pants. It's a lot of photos to watermark -- nearly 70 -- but I'll get it done.

Last edited:
OK boys and girls...

Took the day off because I felt like crap, and I wound up watermarking my shots today. So here we go -- 53 total pictures (the rest are either redundant or rejects, mostly due to focus issues).

First up:

Star Trek: Beyond
Chirs Pine Hero Costume
Smithsonian Air and Space
Summer 2016

TUNIC

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%2000.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%2001.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%2003.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%2002.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%2004.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%2005.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%2006.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%2007.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%2008.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20010.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20011.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20012.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20013.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20014.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20015.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20016.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20017.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20018.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20019.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20020.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20021.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20022.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20023.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chirs Pine Hero Costume
Summer 2016

TROUSERS

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20025.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20026.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20027.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20028.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20029.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20030.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20031.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20032.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20033.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20034.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20035.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20036.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20037.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20038.jpg

Chirs Pine Hero Costume
Summer 2016

BOOTS

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20039.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20040.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20041.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20042.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20043.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20044.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20045.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20046.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20047.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20048.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20049.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20050.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20051.jpg

Pine%20Hero%20Costume%20052.jpg

Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but why would you need to watermark images of an item which is copyrighted by Paramount Pictures anyway?
I'm not claiming copyright on the costume. I'm claiming it on my original images, which are solely mine. It's an important distinction. Also, historically, costumes (or any garment) have never been protected by copyright law. There was a costuming case in the Supreme Court this year, but I'm not aware of its outcome.* It's not relevant here anyway, since I didn't make a copy of the costume -- I just took pictures of it.

But the main purpose of the watermark is to prevent my images from being reposted without attribution, which has happened before, and leads to my photography work going unrecognized. The watermark is not required to establish copyright protection, due to a change to the Copyright Act in 1976. Since then, copyright protection vests the moment the original work is "fixed in a tangible medium of expression" -- in this case, the moment I took the photos.

Before 1976, publication without a copyright notice caused the work to be released into the public domain. This happened to George Romero in 1968, when a distributor released some prints of his first film without a copyright mark. So, believe it or not, Night of the Living Dead has been in the public domain ever since. :)

*EDIT -- Just looked it up. Oral arguments were end of October, opinion expected in June. The case has no application to what happens when you take a picture of a costume (which is, you create a copyright-protected photograph, which you own, of a garment, which is not copyrightable).

Last edited:
star trek is one the famous tv series in past days but now this tv series become a famous movies series as well Chris Pine as Capt. krik is my favorite character i would like to present his costume to my boy friend because his look same as Chris pine.
i am looking Chris Pine Star Trek Jacket on internet but i haven't experienced to buy any thing online if you guys help me i would thankful
Thanks in advance :)

star trek is one the famous tv series in past days but now this tv series become a famous movies series as well Chris Pine as Capt. krik is my favorite character i would like to present his costume to my boy friend because his look same as Chris pine.
i am looking Chris Pine Star Trek Jacket on internet but i haven't experienced to buy any thing online if you guys help me i would thankful
Thanks in advance :)

Anovos.com.

Right here:

https://www.anovos.com/collections/...tarfleet-uniform-tunic-premier-line-pre-order

They also have a less expensive "Standard Line" ($150) tunic available.

And they also have the big blue survival jacket from the scenes on the planet, but that's much more expensive, $575. However, they have a payment plan for their more expensive items.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the pictures and info its very helpful do you know where I could buy similar alternatives to the pants bearing in mind I'm from the uk so would need international shipping if from the US?

Thanks for the pictures and info its very helpful do you know where I could buy similar alternatives to the pants bearing in mind I'm from the uk so would need international shipping if from the US?
I don't know of any replica trousers being sold, but you could get a couple of pair of twill trousers locally and use them to make one set of Beyond trousers. I make my TOS trousers in a similar way.

asalaw Thank you so much for the awesome reference pictures! I will post my cosplay once it complete it and wear it to go to a comic fair. :)

Hi guys and girls I've had a lot of trouble with anovos but i'm still doing a beyond kirk cosplay and am going to purchase the tunic from somewhere else I have been recommended to hello cosplay but I do not know which tunic is most accurate and if anywhere else does a better one? Any suggestions please advise me.star-trek-beyond-captain-james-t-kirk-jacket-cosplay-costum-uniform-1.jpg kirk.jpg

Hi guys and girls I've had a lot of trouble with anovos but i'm still doing a beyond kirk cosplay and am going to purchase the tunic from somewhere else I have been recommended to hello cosplay but I do not know which tunic is most accurate and if anywhere else does a better one? Any suggestions please advise me.View attachment 741201 View attachment 741202
Neither of those is the right color, but the one on the right is closer.

Bad news, guys -- all of my Dropbox-hosted photos are going to vanish on Sept. 1 because they're changing their whole scheme. I don't know when or if I'll have time to repost more than a few of them, so if you want them, now's the time to download them. For the time being, I'll go back to just posting pictures via the RPF uploads, and that'll have to do. Sorry about the inconvenience, folks -- and thanks a lot for nothing, Dropbox.

Bad news, guys -- all of my Dropbox-hosted photos are going to vanish on Sept. 1 because they're changing their whole scheme. I don't know when or if I'll have time to repost more than a few of them, so if you want them, now's the time to download them. For the time being, I'll go back to just posting pictures via the RPF uploads, and that'll have to do. Sorry about the inconvenience, folks -- and thanks a lot for nothing, Dropbox.

Thanks a lot for warning us, I'll download your really awesome pics!
I just have the exact same problem with photobucket now asking 400 frakking dollars to allow us to post our own photos hosted by them on boards, so I need to rehost all of my pictures over at SciFiHero.net...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back