Star Trek Beyond costume thread

I wouldn't use doc martens or any other boot with laces. Look for harness boots, if you can find one with a round toe, you could cut the straps off. It's got a similar silhouette and the same height. It's missing the cut out details and has a larger sole, but I think it's the way to go. As for the pants, with the exception of some really hard to spot seams around the knee area, I think these ones could be done with some wool poly blend dress pants.

I received an email from Trippen about the women's boots and they were very very helpful!!

Here is a list of female Trippen styles sold to Paramount pictures for
the new Star Trek Beyond film - these are not all models for women we
delivered to them but the most important ones:

Dart black mse (these is the boot style which was ordered 127 times!)
Force black tiz (77 pairs)
Fold black buf (50 pairs)
Garlic grey waw (40 pairs)

Moreover, the following styles were ordered in small amounts or only
single pairs of them:

Shake black tiz
River wine waw
Wind olive-bi waw
Skylla siena waw
Pillow granit pub
Irina in steel sft and black dev
Inside Out in brown and bronze sft
Knight in forest ice and spring waw
Cross espresso lam and espresso tiz
Foam shark waw/black mse
Cliff in rubin tiz and red waw
Super black waw
Imperial black waw

Last edited by a moderator:
It would seem so! Still looking for some more reference images.
boots_comp.jpg

If i were to get doc martins I'd get laceless ones anyway seen some zip side ones. Do people think the original series pants would match with the new tunic or I've found some ron hill running trousers charcoal nylon with stirrups that look good? Any other recommendations for alternative pants then i can get some ordered preferably under £150 $200.

I've picked up a lot of fabric samples this week trying to track down something that seems reasonably close, but I'm finding it difficult to get it right. Based on the video posted by Tested, the fabric has a really tight knit and some stretch to it. I guess it's some sort of spandex, maybe? I have some spandex samples but they don't seem to have the weight that costume has?

I also have a couple of jersey cottons and various samples of poly and wool gabardine. The gabardine looks good and even has a knit that looks pretty close to what Anovos has pictured, but it definitely doesn't behave like what's in the video.

Of the swatches I've gathered, this one seems the best. It's a 9 oz Red Poly Spandex. It's kinda thick, almost a mm. But its got the best weight and matte texture. Jersey cottons are too soft and wool gabardine definitely has a different texture.

fabricSample.jpg

I am not sure if they would use the same type of fabric as the 2009 costumes (without the delta logo printing) but the following detail was provided by laughing magpie in her research in making her original reboot ST outfit.

- fabric: the heavyweight 90/10 nylon/lycra 10 oz knit I got from Spandex World

You might also google dye formulas for Star Trek colors if you are interested is trying to produce you own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. Now that some good hi-res photos are appearing, I was thinking about going around to shops and seeing what their suggestions are. I'll definitely stop by Spandex World too.

Subscribed! watching with great interest,I've always been a star wars fan but after watching TOS and TNG and really enjoying them, I started to watch the new movies,Star trek 2009 was meh,ITD was an improvement but still so so,however I REALLY REALLY enjoyed Beyond,loved the new Starfleet uniforms much nicer than the garish ones in the first two reboots.I'm looking to put a kirk/Command costume together,having looked around online I've found a few but they look questionable, and unfortunately anovos have sold out of their new Command tunic,would it be advisable to wait for a run on here or go for a cheap less than accurate one online? bearing in mind I have basically no practical skills,I can just about do model kits but thats as far as it goes lol, and it'll be my first costume for comic con and halloween etc. what would you guys recomend?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back