Interest Star Lord GotG Vol. 2 Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard anything, feel bad for you guys who were hoping for them before comic con, I'm just hoping before Halloween but I'm starting to have my doubts at this rate.

Hey guys!

Sorry for the lack of communication, I've been working way harder now that I don't have that shop to help out with the orders so I don't have a lot of extra time but don't worry, your items will arrive as soon as I can make them. If you need anything please send me a PM and I'll try my best to reply as soon as possible.

Hey Danny, can you please check your PM's, just sent you something.

Danny, can you please respond to one of my PMs? Looking for a status on my spats and shirt order (your updates on those threads indicated shipping). Thanks.

^same waiting on my spats.

Sent you a PM. Had paid as requested a while ago when you had stated that you had a spot on the first run of pants. It now appears you have moved me to the second run. Just trying to figure out what is going on and get a status of some sort from you. Thanks.

Pm's replied!

Haven't heard anything, feel bad for you guys who were hoping for them before comic con, I'm just hoping before Halloween but I'm starting to have my doubts at this rate.

The pants will be shipping in early August so you'll get them with plenty of time, no worries

Was hoping for these and the shirt before Dragon Con. Anyone heard anything?

You'll get them in time, the tee is actually ready right now, just working on your pants.

Hey guys... so I received Danny's pants and spats (I also ordered the pendants / necklaces from him, but due to a damaged package, they were lost in transit -- Danny is sending me a replacement).

Thought I'd post a quick pic and review...

Star Lord.JPG

Ok, so first of all, I intentionally ordered the pants about an inch larger in the waist than I normally wear (33" instead of 32"), because I'd rather err on the large side than small side. I don't know if that impacted the fit around the rest of my hips, etc., but I have to say that these are super comfortable to wear. Not too loose, not too tight. Admittedly, I will want to snug up the actual waistband a bit, but I think I will install a draw string on the inside and that'll solve it without being conspicuous.

Overall, these look pretty great and feel well constructed. I feel like they will hold up well, and I wore them around a bit and feel like they'd be comfortable all day. Most importantly for any costume pant, I can sit down in these and relax without worrying about them! :lol The details look pretty good. I mean, if I want to nitpick, the straps on the legs *maybe* should be leather? I don't know... but I don't have good enough reference pics, and it doesn't bother me.

The spats this time around are MILES better than Danny's spats from Volume 1. Not that those were terrible, mind you...but MAN all those buckles are a pain! A lot of it has to do with the design changes in the spats themselves -- a less complicated design with three clips in the fronts of each. I feel like not only are these better constructed, but better leather, too. Seems to me that these will work well as is, or could even be further modified to integrate with a custom boot/shoe. I've already started the process of aging the leather on the front and with a little grime, these really look fantastic.

I'm pretty happy with these. I know Danny has had some production issues, but these were worth the wait.

Thanks for sharing a photo. They look great! How long did they take to get to you from payment to your front door?

Thanks for sharing a photo. They look great! How long did they take to get to you from payment to your front door?

It took almost 5 weeks to get to my door. Part of that was a delay in getting it shipped, but most of it was delays going through customs.

pics with the pants

Attachments

• 20526316_1640412032635552_5553457470844905944_n.jpg
    20526316_1640412032635552_5553457470844905944_n.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 20638078_1640470525963036_1761383782936164438_n.jpg
    20638078_1640470525963036_1761383782936164438_n.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 143
Hey Danny... it's been like 5 days since I sent you a PM about an update on the items missing from my order. If there are delays in production or shipping, I can be patient...but I just need to know what's going on, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back