Star Lord Costume - Take 2

MatrixHack

Greetings again ladies and gentlemen!
It's been a while since I have posted in the forums, but I return once more with a new thread on my updated Star Lord build. My last attempt was not bad by any means, but I have learned a lot since then, and I am excited to try out new techniques/ideas.

To give an idea of what I would like to accomplish, I am going to give somewhat of a rundown of my last build, so bear with me and enjoy the pictures.
GOTG Premiere 2.jpeg
My first Star Lord costume was part of a group of costumes I made to go to the premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy, and it was a lot of fun. Admittedly, there were a lot of flaws with some of my work, and I deeply regret the... unflattering... shirt I chose to accompany my ensemble. Still, there was some good work, including a foam prop Walkman,an excellent vest created by my beautiful girlfriend, and a fairly well detailed orb.
Foam WALKMAN - Pre-paint.jpgOrb - Pre-paint.jpgOrb - Post-paint.jpg
There was a helmet that I had made to accompany the costume, but it just was not ready by the time of the premiere. Here it is on a separate occasion.
Beauty Shot.jpg
Since that last picture, I have taken a great many steps towards a new kit. I have tinkered with a lot of the miscellaneous pieces of his costume, including the ear pieces his helmet disappears into in the movie.
Foam Earpieces - MK I - Beauty Shot.jpgFoam Earpieces - MK I.jpg
I'll be taking another stab at those and a number of other items using some 3D models I have converted to workable foam files on pepakura as well.
Ear Piece Pepakura.PNGBelt Ring Pepakura.PNGElectromagnet Pepakura - Center.PNGElectromagnet Pepakura - Flap.PNG
The same goes for the helmet, which I have been working rather studiously to revamp. Here are some photos of the original, a failed iteration, and the newest iteration that I have been working on (in sequential order).
Helmet - Re-working 2.jpgHelmet - Re-working 1.jpgHelmet - Re-working 6.jpgHelmet - Re-working 5.jpgHelmet - Re-working 7.jpgHelagak Pepakura Model.PNGJF Custom Pepakura Model.PNGUnknown Pepakura Model.PNGHelmet - Latest 3.jpgHelmet - Latest 2.jpgHelmet - Latest 1.jpg
And lastly, I picked up a jacket at a local thrift store that I plan on modifying to closer match the one from the film. I realize it is a women's jacket, but with any luck there will be no way to tell that by the time that I am done with it.
Jacket Find - Back.jpgJacket Find - Front.jpg
In addition to all this, I plan to modify some nerf blasters, do some leather work on the spats and whatnot. This is going to be a more long-term build, so there may be some lapses in updates, but bear with me, and I promise great things.

Continued progress! I've made a lot of headway on the helmet, and at the moment I've primed it for sanding.
20150823_104236.jpg20150824_100153.jpg20150827_174554.jpg
I've also made for myself Star Lord's belt from foam and acrylic, I'm quite happy with the results indeed!
20150912_160826.jpg20150916_214259.jpg20150919_113822.jpg20150919_131515.jpg20150920_092738.jpg20150920_092732.jpg20150920_092743.jpg
I think the next major bit shall be the spats and rocket boots. I hope to get to them very soon!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back