Deprecated Star Lord accurate jacket valves (zippers/badges are gone)

Re: Star Lord jacket zipper,Badge/Patch, Valve...

i got a nice surprise when I got home... my stuff showed up today! The valve and patch are fantastic. And saying that the zipper is heavy duty is an understatement!

If you decide to do another order of the zippers, is there a chance we could go a few inches longer?

Thanks for putting this all together.

DSC_0835.jpg
It came in the other day but I just got it painted and applied. Absolutely love the patch! Turned out fantastic.

Just out of curiosity how did you attach it? Thinking about using some E6000 glue
I used Shoe Goo myself which is similar. From what I understand E6000 is much stronger overall, but I believe shoe goo is supposed to allow more flexibility. But I don't know if that is true or not.

i got a nice surprise when I got home... my stuff showed up today! The valve and patch are fantastic. And saying that the zipper is heavy duty is an understatement!

If you decide to do another order of the zippers, is there a chance we could go a few inches longer?

Thanks for putting this all together.

Thanks for that and thank YOU all for the support. Yeah, the zipper feels like it will withstand the vacuum of space haha. I might actually do another run, of longer zippers (around 26") with GREY backing for the taller Guardians like Risu, if there is interest. Most likely I'd need at least 10 committed and the cost would be about $100. (I recently discovered that in a couple photos I have, by zooming in real close, that the backing actually looks grey on the zip and not red, but the zipper is embedded so close to the edge of the fabric, which is also weathered, that you barely see it.) Might put up a new interest thread for that as I will probably not be offering more badges. (Valves are never-ending though.)

I used Shoe Goo myself which is similar. From what I understand E6000 is much stronger overall, but I believe shoe goo is supposed to allow more flexibility. But I don't know if that is true or not.

Nice! I think flexible cyanoacrylate (superglue) will work as well, as should contact cement. I might also add a stitch or two in each corner for extra strength.

I'd really like a valve and badge if there are any left. Fingers crossed!

Did you send me a PM? I can get you a valve, but I only have a couple 2nd grade badges left- they can be salvaged with some liquid Green Stuff from Games Workshop, but they're not as nice as the others.

Got my order in today. Fantastic stuff joatrash. Thank you!

Thanks for letting me know. Glad they got there safe.

Hey guys,

All CURRENTLY PAID orders have now shipped (including those going directly to IM). Valves are still available as one-offs but in regards to badges I only have two 2nd grade casts left.

I MIGHT also have a zipper or two left over.

THANKS to everyone in on this run so far.

//J

Just paid for 2 qty arm valves. Thank you for making these avail. Now i won't be asked if i am dressed as Michael Jackson from the Thriller video :) Details and distress needed!

All current orders (except one going to the UK and your order 80sKIDAutoman) were sent last week. Zippers are now gone, as are the badges. I will continue to offer the accurate valves for as long as there is interest.

I'm also working on the Quad blasters, Boot rockets and controller, Lockpick (flashlight based, so it lights up) and map scanner- all with the aim of making the most accurate copies possible for y'all. Stay tuned...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back