Limited Run Star Lord's Helmet, accurate with screen used lineage.

Those are close, but a bit large - it's tough to find micro screws the correct size. I'm using glasses screws with a 1.6mm head. The über tiny hex screws in the ears have been a bit harder to find.

They look like 1.4mm screws with a 1.6 or 1.8 head - but i believe you, if you say they are 1.4mm head diameter, then they are. In that case, glasses nosepad screws may be the size we need. Those have either a 1.2 or a 1.0mm diameter head.

Actually, you want to be looking for SLOTTED GRUB SCREWS, without heads, so you can have them recess into the helmet. Here is a place in the UK that has them. The actual printed screw holes are a few microns under 1.5mm so M1.2 or M1.4 should work. (I still haven't had time to order mine even though the helmet has been "done" for ages because I have a whole mess of props that need special screws and I want to get them all in one go.)
screwsSL.jpg

More helmets going out in the next couple of days and I am almost completely caught up after reprinting a bunch of (redesigned) Element Gun parts, so hopefully wait times will start decreasing soon! I also just got in a new shipment of some very nice metal braid. : )

A couple more boxes just went out. Still have time to do a couple more while I finish and prep for another couple of runs (one as yet unannounced... and very GotG related!)

Who is the person that will finish your helmets I might want to use them?
Apologies, didn't see you posted this until now. I usually send folks towards Generalfrosty for finishing services but you can also try Mr Mold Maker who has done a buildup of this helmet.

Apologies, didn't see you posted this until now. I usually send folks towards Generalfrosty for finishing services but you can also try Mr Mold Maker who has done a buildup of this helmet.

Thanks for the post Joa, but I will not be accepting any more for finishing at this time.
General Frosty does a great job, hit him up folks!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back