Deprecated Star Lord accurate jacket valves (zippers/badges are gone)

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
*Edit*
Thanks to all who got my supply of zipper and badges. I will continue to offer accurate jacket/trenchcoat valves (and the 2nd version vest valve as well) as long as there is interest.

Valves are $50 shipped for one, $30 for each additional.

They are direct high-resolution 3d prints, thus very durable, lightweight and can be screwed into place for a more secure fit. Kits are printed in color (parts in silver and gold metallic) so that you don't have to paint them. (Though they do look nicer with paint of course.)

Primer applied, parts separated. Note the holes in the mesh are smaller than a pen point!
valve_primer.jpg

Painted valve:

attachment.php

attachment.php

COMING SOON: Accurate Quad blasters, boot rockets and controller, Lockpick (with light) and Map-scanner (possibly with transparent front)...

Last edited:
Re: Star Lord ACCURATE ZIPPER & Arm Details run

I'm definitely interested in the zippers. Put me down for one please. I might be interested in the arm badge as well, but I would like to see pictures first.

I'm interested in the zipper and I'd like to see the arm valve as well to commit to that!

I might be interested in the arm valve as well, pending pics.

As much as I would love the zipper (mainly for the pants) I just can't justify it. Good luck!

I would love to get a pair of these, but unfortunately you ordered them 5-6 inches too short for me.

I'm a little worried 19" might be a few inches too short for me as well. Is that the longest size you can order? The zipper on the screen used jacket goes all the way up the collar.

I would love to get a pair of these, but unfortunately you ordered them 5-6 inches too short for me.
Well, since I couldn't order multiple lengths I had to go with something that would work for a broad range of people (including my own jacket) so I chose something that would work for a range around 40-44 (typical M-L size). I'm 5,10" and this is a real short jacket so another 5 inches and I might as well have been wearing a potato sack, considering how well it would fit me...

Well any zipper can be made shorter with a pair of pliers, but you can't make one longer.

Well any zipper can be made shorter with a pair of pliers, but you can't make one longer.

Not a jacket zipper. You will not retain proper functionality at the bottom if you cut it. A zipper for pants on the other hand, can be cut.

Each tooth, including the stoppers at the top, can be removed with pliers, and the stoppers be reattached with pliers at the correct place, then you cut the tape with scissors.

Not and retain 100% reliability. This isn't a regular zipper either so there's no telling what would happen if mods are attempted. I wouldn't want to risk ending up with a buggy zipper on a jacket that will cost potentially hundred of dollars to replicate accurately.

There's no point in arguing the point further... the order was placed and paid for weeks ago is on the way to me now. This length is a good compromise that should work for a lot of folks. I'm truly sorry that doesn't work for you.

No idea what that means MParm, but I loves me some Nathan F! : )

I just thought a little irreverence would loosen up the vibe in the thread is all

Can I be put down as a maybe?
I want one but I need to think about it over the weekend to figure out if it's in the cards for me right now.
I'll know Monday.

I didn't mean to sound argumentative, I just hope you'll let the secret out once you're done here so that the people who won't be able to use these are able to get their own.

Last edited:

I didn't mean to sound argumentative

No worries. Once this run is over, we can absolutely look into doing another one with extra long zippers for taller Guardians.

Here is a render of the valve. It'll be done in three separate pieces so that it's possible to put real brass mesh in there instead of plastic if desired. (I'm not 100% sure the super-tiny holes will come out right. I'll know in a few hours!) I'm going to make it in color as well.

valverender.JPG

Last edited:

Now that I've seen the arm valve I might be interested in one of those as well. I'm also thinking about changing my mind on the arm badge, but I still want the zipper.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back