Star Destroyer Avenger part ID help please

Hey Stu, yeah that was my fealing cuz the shape is close to my 1/350 Nimitz but I'm not sure about the number of windows !
Would be cool if you could check your kits ;)

Thanks !

Julien, Looked through my stash of italeri carriers and there's nothing in there that looks like the parts. I don't have any 1/800th carriers Monogram/Minicraft etc... to take a look so back to the drawing board dude!.
BTW if you build a complete 8 footer you will need a bunch of modern carriers for the superstructure sides of which there are a heap of hull sides, not sure which scale these are though, iv'e never upsized any photos to find out but more likely the smaller 1/800th ones as I'm pretty sure they were available to ILM at the time of 'Empire' model construction.
Stu

Julien, Looked through my stash of italeri carriers and there's nothing in there that looks like the parts. I don't have any 1/800th carriers Monogram/Minicraft etc... to take a look so back to the drawing board dude!.
BTW if you build a complete 8 footer you will need a bunch of modern carriers for the superstructure sides of which there are a heap of hull sides, not sure which scale these are though, iv'e never upsized any photos to find out but more likely the smaller 1/800th ones as I'm pretty sure they were available to ILM at the time of 'Empire' model construction.
Stu

Hey Stu !

Thanks for the info. ;)

No I'm not building the whole ISD, but you're right the hull with the hangar door of a Nimitz class carrier is used anywhere on the suprstructure... My thought was 1/700 but you're probably right about the 1/800, I have to check and find the correct one !

Thanks =)

Last edited:
Ok since the ISD and Neb were built more or less at the same time and the Neb is using left over hull of many battleships my guess is we could find some interesting things in this compiled list for the Nebulon B made by Kbilly :

2 x Revell 1/542 (approximate scale) Midway, Franklin D Roosevelt. The Coral Sea should have the same hull but I haven't confirmed this. I say 2 are required but 1 will likely suffice.
2 x Revell 1/542 Midway, Coral Sea, FDR
2 x Revell 1/720 Essex - The Intrepid may also be the right kit but I haven't confirmed this.
2 x Hasegawa 1/450 Musashi, Yamato or Shinano - All of these share the same hull.
2 x Airfix 1/600 Forrestals
1 x Tamiya 1/700 Shinano (kit 77024) or Yamato (kit 31105)
1 x Tamiya 1/700 Junyo
2 x Airfix 1/600 Ark Royals
2 x Hasegawa 1/450 Akagi - Not part 2 used above, but the bow sections.
2 x Tamiya 1/700 Hornet - Used on the front part of the engine section
1 x Revell 1/542 Lexington - Looks to be a hull stuck onto the front side of the engine section which resembles this kit.

What do you think Chrome (and everyone) ?

If some of you have pics of the trees of those kits that would be great if you could post them here... Thanks !

Last edited:
Ok that's where we are now...

facia4-1.jpg

That T34 grille lol, im just damn lazy outside of work, but ill get it sent this weekend, also, those C600 parts on the "other" build, ill just send you a couple, see what you think on there usage buddy!

lee

Ok since the ISD and Neb were built more or less at the same time and the Neb is using left over hull of many battleships my guess is we could find some interesting things in this compiled list for the Nebulon B made by Kbilly :

What do you think Chrome (and everyone) ?

If some of you have pics of the trees of those kits that would be great if you could post them here... Thanks !

I'll see what I can do.

Thats an impressive array of parts Julien, looking forward to seeing this put together.
How do you intend to construct the deflector shield domes?. Iv'e looked at those many a time and thought how the hell do you build those?. Maybe construct one half and cast the rest or is this a found item by ILM which i don't know about?.
Anyway this is going to look most cool my friend!
Stu

Thats an impressive array of parts Julien, looking forward to seeing this put together.
How do you intend to construct the deflector shield domes?. Iv'e looked at those many a time and thought how the hell do you build those?. Maybe construct one half and cast the rest or is this a found item by ILM which i don't know about?.
Anyway this is going to look most cool my friend!
Stu

Thanks Stu :)

The domes are found item, they are 2" crystal knowbs (I dont know the real name).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back