SS Tie Fighter paint issue

sstinson

I remember a brief thread regarding issues with paint not sticking to their Tie a while back. I tried to look it up again but could not locate it the thread in question.

My question is: if anyone has had this problem how did they fix it? I cleaned the parts in question quite well so i am not sure if i should strip the paint and clean again or if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks

I'll answer.... there was a resin monkey that sprayed to much mold release in the molds prior to pouring.. I think only a few kits went out... (Dawn) Dish soap with warm soapy water cleans the parts. Use a old tooth brush on the details.. and you will be fine. You can also use rubbing alcohol to clean the surface... use a good primer as well.... i hope that helps.... shoot me some pictures too.. sneisen@bresnan.net

Steve

You need to clean with alcohol, then use, UPOL acid 8 primer, Jason had the same problem, and this primer WILL work, it sticks to anything, its the bomb!

lee

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back