SS Tie Bomber basic measurements

Big welcome Moska. Outstanding bomber build & those blueprints, WOW, I think those are the best blues for any 'Star Wars' ship Iv'e ever seen. You really must have put alot of work into producing those, a new bomber builders dream come true. I even think they would be cool blown up to a poster size and mounted on the wall, they are that cool my friend!.
Stu

Thank you very much everyone for your welcome and kind words. I'm happy to be part of this community so interesting.
At this moments I'm trying to do the same with the standard TIE, but is much more difficult to identify all the kit parts used, especially the small details in the central area of the wings.
I've done an intensive search on the website studioscale.com and have achieved some results, but many parts remain to be identified.
Any help would be welcome.

Someplace to sit.

IMG00087-20100720-1257.jpg

IMG00085-20100720-1257.jpg

IMG00077-20100720-1254.jpg

Hammer,
Dude, I've seen many Bomber builds and have built a decent resin kit of one. However, your build has finally motivated me to finally try making my own SS Bomber. I dig the added cockpit details!

Rafa,
Dude, didn't you scratchbuild a bunch of Star Wars ships over at StarshipModeler in the early 2000's? If that's you I'm thinking about then your work has always been inspiring! Thanks for the parts map!!!!!

Joe

Hammer,
Dude, I've seen many Bomber builds and have built a decent resin kit of one. However, your build has finally motivated me to finally try making my own SS Bomber. I dig the added cockpit details!

Rafa,
Dude, didn't you scratchbuild a bunch of Star Wars ships over at StarshipModeler in the early 2000's? If that's you I'm thinking about then your work has always been inspiring! Thanks for the parts map!!!!!

Joe

Hi Joe,
Yes, I published several models on the StarshipModeler website, and I am very happy to know that my work inspired you. I hope my templates helps and make your work easier in your own TIE BOMBER model

Hi all.
This is my very first post in this forum so I'm sorry if I do something wrong.
Recently completed my own TIE Bomber, and to help me at work, I made my own blueprints.
These templates also include the identity of all kit parts used by IL & M.
On the link below are my blueprints in a PDF file and I hope that helps.

galeria_3.jpg

http://www.x2creativos.com/pdf/tie_bomber.pdf

Hey Moska

Awesome blueprint

A little hint .. the small boxes over and under the Hanomag part (they sit in pairs) are also from the Hanomag kit. 8 pieces in total :)

My calculations ended at 5/8" = 16mm

I've just looked trough my measurements, plus my WIP TIE-Bomber, and the cross-tubing should have the same diameter as the span of 8 of the circumventing panellines. This sums up closer to 5/8" than 3/4"

On another notice, this made me realize that I've drilled the holes in the chilidogs 1 panelline of center .. so there'll be 3 panellines in fron of the crosstube, and only 1 behind it .... oh well .. nothing to do about that :confused

Quick question. Are any of the actual motorcycle parts from the 88mm flak36/37 used on the TIE Bomber? I hate to ask this...I enjoy doing as much research as I can on my own but all I have are really blurry kit scans. I would appreciate the help, thanks!

Joe

Quick question. Are any of the actual motorcycle parts from the 88mm flak36/37 used on the TIE Bomber? I hate to ask this...I enjoy doing as much research as I can on my own but all I have are really blurry kit scans. I would appreciate the help, thanks!

Joe

Yes they are ..

There placed upon the Leopold deck on the top of the cockpit-tube

Well that's it. I have the Shinano coming, missing Scharnhorst, Junyo POW and Stuka. They're not that visible so I can wait for them, other than that i'd say it's finished.

Cheers

bomber4.jpg

bomber3.jpg

bomber2.jpg

bomber1.jpg

Hey Ron,build looks great,should have your parts in the mail this week.

Julien,I believe part # A11 from the Scharnhorst is on the upper left hand corner of the Rodney part.I remember seeing it in a picture of the bomber.

Dave

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back