SS landspeeder from "5-25-77"

Considering that I ordered back in NOVEMBER, I don't think PayPal will care.

I emailed him again yesterday. If we don't hear back with a realistic timetable/quote or refund, I'm going to request that he be banned for ripping people off.

Anyone local to him?

http://www.wasili.demon.nl/

Last edited:
I honestly don't think he's a flake. But his com skills suck!!!! His website clearly shows he's a professional. It only takes one person that ordered within the last 30 days to hijack his paypal account. That one person could assure the rest get their goods or their money back. I'm sure not everyone paid in November. Anyone??? Anyone????

I had a little contact some time ago, and he told me something about having to go to England for some days, so he it's possible he's not able to read or hear your messages, give him some time after the weekend.

Considering that I ordered back in NOVEMBER, I don't think PayPal will care. I emailed him again yesterday.
Likewise. Paid months ago; e-mailed him again yesterday. Several attempts to contact him since the beginning of this month have gone unanswered.

He doesn't strike me as a flake, either. His correspondence in the past has generally been very detailed and he has been attentive to all of my questions and concerns. My instinct about him, based on our correspondence, was that he is on the up and up.

It's the recent, long lapse in communication that has me worried.

And now, on top of this, the PM that vaderdarth says he received from someone who was "burned by Wasili." I'd like to know more about this... :confused

Hi everyone,

I'm still here.

The last couple weeks have been absolutely mental. The initial deal to move into a large new workshop fell through as the owner considered me to be the golden goose or something. So i managed to strike a deal with a fellow modelmaker to work out of his shop, which is in the middle of nowhere unfortunately. This is just being set up, with my tools spread out over several locations. But most important was the fact that i was working on 2 architectural models over the past weeks for one client, with no room for delays. The deadline simply had to be met. And i did..yesterday...

It meant working up to 20 hours a day, including 3 all-nighters to meet the divided deliveries of all the components of what is for me basically the biggest architectural model i ever built. As the workshop is really in the middle of nowhere (it's in the woods), it meant that i would just go home to sleep a couple hours.

Right...with that out of the way (i opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate this, and i don't even drink alcohol)...it is time to get back to business.

The Landspeeder models have taken far too long. Progress was slow, and came grinding to a halt when i was doing this architectural model. I'm in the proces of moving all the pieces, molds and materials to the new workshop, and should have everything settled there early next week. Then i can make a good assesment of what needs to be done to complete this once and for all.

Everything (all kits and builtups) will be sent out on the 18th of May, with (photo)updates on friday the 4th, and friday the 11th of May. If your kit or built-up is not send out by the 18th, i will refund you your advance payment.

I do sincerely apologize about the lack of communication, that was unintentional. And no, i'm not ripping you off, even though the silence will have given you that thought, for which i am really sorry...

On a brighter note...Tonight i will be off to London (was actually supposed to go a couple days ago, but work preventd that), and will be back on sundaymorning...as tomorrow i'll be helping out a little bit with setting up the new Star Wars prop exhibit in London.

I hope all of you are very fine, and very well. Once again my sincere apologies.

All the very best,

Wasili

Thank you for posting, Wasili, and for the e-mail you sent me, which I received a few minutes ago.

I am relieved to hear that everything is okay.

Thank you also for posting a solid date by which you will ship all orders or make refunds.

Congratulations on completing your biggest architectural model to date, and under the deadline! :thumbsup

Thanx Gary,

I do feel very ashamed, and like someone here posted before, my comm skills sometimes are sh*te.

Best,

Wasili

Actually, I think your communication skills are excellent. Your messages are articulate, detailed, specific, and fun to read.

It's the frequency of your business communication that could be improved. ;) Even a one-liner (e.g., "Can't write much now, but will update next week") would have done a lot to reassure me during the long silence.

In any case, I'm delighted to hear that everything seems to be in order. :D

Last edited:
good to hear your still working on this piece Im very excited to see the final product.I know how things go sometimes like John Lennon says "life is what happens while your busy making other plans".
hope you get some rest and have fun with this project
Cheers!
MSL

Guys, here is little teaser to something extra that will be added to the kit and built ups. More coming very soon.

Best,

Wasili

Thanks for the promised update, Wasili. This teaser is exciting! :love :thumbsup

Hoping for more detailed news of your progress soon. :)

Ooo I dig!

Here - might be useful:

0223.jpg

0224.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe a bit off topic but not really...

I was at the 5-25-77 production as an extra. I believe I have met Wasili during that time. I took some pictures and would like to share a couple.

DSC03409.jpg

DSC03390.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

DSC03399.jpg

And watch for me in the ILM shots:
DSC03634.jpg

And my DeepSleep gun that snuck in. :)

Everything (all kits and builtups) will be sent out on the 18th of May, with (photo)updates on friday the 4th, and friday the 11th of May. If your kit or built-up is not send out by the 18th, i will refund you your advance payment.
Hi, Wasili.

Just checking in to see whether things have been progressing as you'd planned.

As far as I know, there was no update on Friday the 11th. Do you still expect to ship on May 18?

It has never been a problem for me to wait for this piece (and it does look worth waiting for), as long as there is regular communication.

On the other hand, if you think it makes sense to start offering refunds, that's okay, too, as far as I'm concerned.

In any case, I look forward to hearing the status of the project.

Thanks!

-----

TK895, thank you for posting the great shots! :) :thumbsup

Maybe a bit off topic but not really...

I was at the 5-25-77 production as an extra. I believe I have met Wasili during that time. I took some pictures and would like to share a couple.

Michael- Wasili was not in the US at the time of the shoot. The guy you met was probably Rick Ingalsbe, who was in charge of the models. He also built some of them, too!

Scott

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back