Spray-on resin...?

PHArchivist

Master Member
I have a project that may be finished in a relatively soft material.

I know there are spray paints with respectable degress of hardness, but is there anything closer to a "spray-on resin" that may increase the resilience of a softer medium?

i know castincraft makes a spray on resin to finish up thier products.

no idea what it does, or how well it does it though. no place local tends to carry it.

chris

Castin' Craft's spray is not sprayable resin. It's either a catalyst that takes out the "tack" of an uncured piece OR it's a clear coat to cover the tack.

Resin is a two part substance consisting of a base and a catalyst. I don't think it can be sprayed.

Here is a small video showing how I made the mold using spray silicone this gun also uses a spray on resin cartridge but that is a bit messy and you need a well ventlaited room and a respirator
I think the brush on resin would be better
just click on the link for the spray on silicone video
its a 104.3 MB file so it may take a minute or two for it to load... enjoySpray on silicone mold

TK648

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Feb 28 2006, 01:19 PM
You can buy sprayable resin guns.....yeah sure.
[snapback]1195723[/snapback]​
Yes you can, they spray silicone, urethane rubber and resin
check the smooth-on site
Spray-On Junior system
and check the link I posted above to the video I posted on making the spray silicone mold

Andrew

Originally posted by PHArchivist@Feb 28 2006, 01:21 AM
I have a project that may be finished in a relatively soft material.

I know there are spray paints with respectable degress of hardness, but is there anything closer to a "spray-on resin" that may increase the resilience of a softer medium?
[snapback]1195396[/snapback]​

Depends on what you are wanting to do--I might be able to help--check out the site and see if it is what you are looking for
AMT

Let me know if I can help.

Clay

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back