Spirit Halloween full sized Ghostbusters pack now available

Cameron

Sr Member
5B96486F-1776-442F-8018-941A46B2FAAE.jpeg

I went ahead and ordered one of these.
What sort of switches should I use to upgrade the wand?
I'm assuming their switches are dummies but, either way, I want more accurate switches.
Simple toggle switches will work but because the fake ones are seperate pieces the holes are larger than the switches so washers are needes to hold them in place

Here is a side by side of my Fiberglass "hero" (left), next to my modded Spirit "stunt". The old speaker was removed and filled in, and a new one was installed behind the ribbim cable. The wand was gutted, and an mdf "gunrack" was added. Also added a functional rear switch.
The only electronic funtions that remain are the pack lights, and on/off sounds.

Attachments

• 20230509_044717.jpg
    20230509_044717.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 264
  • 20230509_050910.mp4
    17.7 MB
I picked up two of them when I had the chance. One is going to be a guinea pig for mods before being gifted to my brother (already have two pack frames, replacement switches, and silicone tubing for inside the wand loom) and the other will be staying with me. The speaker is totally going into the n-filter! Does anyone have ideas on adding the missing half inch on the cyclotron's diameter? .25" styrene would be a monster to try curving around it...

I'm really digging things like this and the Nerf pulse rifle, where companies have been hitting that sweet spot of affordable replicas that only need a little TLC to look the part.

What's the point? They are sold out.
Not sure if you’re still looking but I just snagged a life size proton pack from my local spirit. They didn’t have them a few weeks ago and the lady said it just arrived in their boxes this week. They only had 1 in stock. I didn’t get to use my 20% off so the total was $270 but still not bad imo

May be worth looking around if you have a spirit local to you.

20% off in store tomorrow as well

Last edited:
IMG_3027.jpeg

Just got around to unboxing this thing and I’m super impressed. The only experience I have with proton packs is nerding out and talking to people at cons about their builds.

I was happy to see that most of the fixtures are not molded in so I’ll be machining replacements for all the metal parts.

We did a quick mod to one of the scaled-down packs years ago for Halloween. Great practice - not a huge buy-in/fun payoff!

Out of curiosity I drove to a spirit about 40 mins from my house just to check it out.

IMG_3037.jpeg

2 on the floor and a couple more in the back. I asked if they’d be excluded from their after Halloween 50% sale and they said if they still have them they’d be on discount. So if you can wait it looks like $125 is the deal to beat

Last edited:
So it looks like there are TWO versions of this?
From spirit, as far as I know, it’s just the “life-size” 1:1 version and then the “deluxe” which I think is somewhere around 80%. I put off buying the deluxe over the past couple of years, its affordable at $80 without any discounts, but I didn’t like the scale. I’m 5’10 210lb, the deluxe version definitely looks odd on me.

Halloweencostumes also has a 1:1 pack, looks like the same build as spirits with only a couple of minor changes. $299 and limited to 500 stock

From spirit, as far as I know, it’s just the “life-size” 1:1 version and then the “deluxe” which I think is somewhere around 80%. I put off buying the deluxe over the past couple of years because I didn’t like the scale.

Halloweencostumes also has a 1:1 pack, looks like the same build as spirits with only a couple of minor changes. $299 and limited to 500 stock
Oh ok...that makes sense...looks like the DELUXE is $89

I was able to snag one of these. My first forte in to the Ghostbusters fandom. I will likely mod this one over the course of a year or so to start learning about all the pieces, whats right and "wrong", then build my own from scratch/premium materials. From what I've seen this is a great jump start, my only wish is that the bumper/cyclotron wasnt all one piece. I may experiment to see if those can be modded. Excited to play with though, seems like a lot of potential.

Last edited:
I was able to snag one of these. My first forte in to the Ghostbusters fandom. I will likely mod this one over the course of a year or so to start learning about all the pieces, whats right and "wrong", then build my own from scratch/premium materials. From what I've seen this is a great jump start, my only wish is that the bumper/cyclotron wasnt all one piece. I may experiment to see if those can be modded. Excited to play with though, seems like a lot of potential.
Check out @GhostbustersGear on Instagram. He's modified two of this, and barring a few key details, they look almost as good as the on-screen props! From what I'm seeing, the best way to modify it is to cut off the cyclotron and bumper since they're one piece, and print a new one. If you subscribe to his Patreon, he has all of his 3D files available for use.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back