SPIDERTEEN911's Definitive Spider-Man Suit! SOLD TO chaosprince PIC HEAVY!

Re: (WIP) "This is so NOT spandex!" SPIDERTEEN911's Definitive Spider-Man Suit!

This is looking like a fantastic build. I'd had a similar idea, a custom blend of TASM 1 and Ultimate Spidey, but wanted to design my own print- to be responsible for every step in the process. Had you considered, by the way, making the spider-signal an LED light-up? Might be a bit much, though.

This is looking like a fantastic build. I'd had a similar idea, a custom blend of TASM 1 and Ultimate Spidey, but wanted to design my own print- to be responsible for every step in the process. Had you considered, by the way, making the spider-signal an LED light-up? Might be a bit much, though.

Thanks chief! Yes, I do plan on using an LED headlight customized for the "classic" spider signal look. The headlight provides the PERFECT circle beam for the signal. I'll eventually start on it soon!

Finished the front spider today! (2nd coat, thick tip)

image_1.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_3.jpg

Awesome build mate! Really looking forward to the finished product. Def think this will rival my other favorite Spidey...Lunaman's Ultimate Spidey. Subbbeeedddd!
Haha thanks man! Lunaman's Ultimate was a GREAT build!
Well, thank you! This suit project is turning out WONDERFUL. Very very cool.
By the way, every time I see this thread title I can't help but think, "Um, actually, that definitely IS spandex." ;):lol Hahahahaha.
Once again, great work on this project. I think it's going to look stunning all put together!:D
Cheers.

Well, thank you! This suit project is turning out WONDERFUL. Very very cool.
By the way, every time I see this thread title I can't help but think, "Um, actually, that definitely IS spandex." ;):lol Hahahahaha.
Once again, great work on this project. I think it's going to look stunning all put together!:D
Cheers.

Thanks chief! Really appreciate it!! :D

Okay, picture time! First off, for TJack's TASM2 lenses, the mesh is a white vinyl sticker with intricate circle patterns inside, which is to be applied on a sliver tint he supplies as well, however, due to the fact that I don't want mine to fog up, I found another solution, applied them to a fiberglass screen mesh instead! Visibility is great as well has pretty obstructive on the outside. Started painting the back spider as well, (mixed bright red with a small bit of black for a deep red to match the suit). Take a look!

image_1.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_1-1.jpgimage_2-1.jpg

Back spider, COMPLETE! This means I've successfully finished puff painting!!!

image_1.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_4.jpg

Now next step, sewing... Stay tuned Web-Heads! :D

Sorry for late posts guys. Anyways, went to a different seamstress today! The place I went to today is a local costume shop. They work on a HUGE variety of different costumes, from theatre to commissions. They had actually (one of the guys that sews them) work on some of the old 70's Spidey suits! My sewing pattern is a bit different then they expected, in some area's (mainly because its what everybody uses nowadays for their prints) but everything is looking fairly easy they said. Their going to give me a couple days and get back to with a quote on how much. Still need to finish painting the spiders and everything should be straight as a web line!

Im a newbie here and i just wanted to say how astonished i am with this thread and i just wanted to know how much this all costed you at the end of building your suit. lol a check list would be nice considering i would like to try this method for NYCC! especially how much the print and sewing cost you

Im a newbie here and i just wanted to say how astonished i am with this thread and i just wanted to know how much this all costed you at the end of building your suit. lol a check list would be nice considering i would like to try this method for NYCC! especially how much the print and sewing cost you

Thanks man! Appreciate it! Well, so far, the design from Carl costed $50, and printing was about $140. Puff paint and all the other supplies costed me about another 50-100 (don't know exact since I've been in and out buying different stuff lol). Still in a search for a local seamstress, but will keep things updated when I can! ;) Thanks again chief!

Update!!! Worked more on the belt today, glued (hot glue) all the parts of the front buckle together today (same method as TheAmazingSM). Found some metal belt rings in my garage as well, painted them suckers red! Also got some belting snaps, painted red as well, take a look!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

This is looking great! I've also had a lot of trouble finding a local seamstress whose willing to tackle these sort of bizarre patterns on lycra.

I dig the retro Spidey accessories on the ASM pattern as well. Great idea!

This is looking great! I've also had a lot of trouble finding a local seamstress whose willing to tackle these sort of bizarre patterns on lycra.

I dig the retro Spidey accessories on the ASM pattern as well. Great idea!

Thank chief!

FACK!!! I tried gluing the mesh to the my left frame from TJack, and the super glue dripped to the bottom and stuck the lenses to the table. Removed it as careful as possible, but ****ed it up regardless, a huge chunk came out, FML. Any suggestions/advice?

164237_161267814057523_1333971112_n.jpg21378_161267834057521_1623707326_n.jpg

Extremely fine grained sandpaper and a coat of paint is the only thing that comes to mind. Sorry dude, that sucks! Hope all goes well. It has been looking great so far.

FACK!!! I tried gluing the mesh to the my left frame from TJack, and the super glue dripped to the bottom and stuck the lenses to the table. Removed it as careful as possible, but ****ed it up regardless, a huge chunk came out, FML. Any suggestions/advice?

View attachment 209671View attachment 209672

Man that blows. Are the lenses heat formed yet? If not, you could always just flip them around after you attempt to repair them to further hide any marks. I'd suggest either the same as above with just some sanding and paint, or using some spot putty/filler then sanding/paint to fill in those divots.

Anyway, I know I haven't commented on this build yet, but I do enjoy it greatly, really nice take on the costume. Keep up the good work and good luck!

Man that blows. Are the lenses heat formed yet? If not, you could always just flip them around after you attempt to repair them to further hide any marks.
Tjack's lenses are uni-directional because the outer surface is convex. Finishing the backside of the frames would be more work than filling and repairing the current damage. Besides, these are urethane frames, not onyx, so they wouldn't have had a heatforming step anyway.

I'm not sure how best to repair damage to urethane, spot filler then sanding/paint would be the way to go on a hard lens frame, but this one's rubber. Perhaps one of the maskmakers in the sculpting section would know?
Sorry to see this setback, I love the overall direction of this project.

Thanks for all the help guys! At this point, I've tried using liquid laxtex, puff paint, wax, nothing... :unsure Talked to TJack, he's willing to send me another left for half the price, so within the next couple of weeks I should have another. On another note, I do want to apologize on the delay, still working on getting a seamstress; been trying to get a number from an acquaintance, her daughter-in-law sews (professionally) and pretty affordable (I'm assuming). I'm going to try to start mocking up a "Spider-Signal" soon, and get some more accessories for my belt; pouches, maybe mock up spider signals :lol I plan on redoing my Web-Shooters, plan on making them a bit more professional looking :) Thanks again for all the huge support on this build guys, means a LOT coming from all you great Spidey fanatics! :D

Great stuff so far buddie!! Looking forward to your project coming to life for you, really looking forward to this awesome build!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back