Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Now with pretty lights!

Alllrighty now, thanks to saecrow's original wiring system diagram, I was able to come up with this wiring system, and how it would probably fit inside the web shooter. I really have no idea what I'm doing so bear with me lol For powering the green LEDs, the purple and red wires would be running through parallel on opposite sides of the green LED stems, and running back to the battery and reed switch. And as for powering the red LED, the red wire would run through the two stem wires of the button then to one stem of the LED. Hope this is making sense. Also the purple wire is not connected to the palm button, as it looks like. Few questions as well; what type of wires would you need, would you need to solder them to other wires and LED stems, and where can you get a wired button mechanism. I know I probably sound unprofessional, but I'm new at this lol What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Even more 3D Print Goodness!!!

how much would one of the replica's cost and were can i get them from. I have to have one!!

amazing how can i buy one. Like how much and were or wat ever.

Alllrighty now, thanks to saecrow's original wiring system diagram, I was able to come up with this wiring system, and how it would probably fit inside the web shooter. I really have no idea what I'm doing so bear with me lol For powering the green LEDs, the purple and red wires would be running through parallel on opposite sides of the green LED stems, and running back to the battery and reed switch. And as for powering the red LED, the red wire would run through the two stem wires of the button then to one stem of the LED. Hope this is making sense. Also the purple wire is not connected to the palm button, as it looks like. Few questions as well; what type of wires would you need, would you need to solder them to other wires and LED stems, and where can you get a wired button mechanism. I know I probably sound unprofessional, but I'm new at this lol What do you guys think?

You need to ends of the wire connected to the led and the battery. One being on the positive side and one on the negative. Otherwise, it won't even light up.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Now with wiring diagrams!

From what I can see, it looks like he has both a positive and negative lead for thr LED's so it should work. It doesn't matter where in line you have he switches so it should be squared away, great job! You just designed a circuit, wasn't that hard was it? :thumbsup

i tried to upload the files of the web shooter so i can get them to shapeways but it didnt work is there another way or can somebody explain to me step by step. im new here.

Got the bingo chips in the mail today, and while it's a time consuming task, with a careful trim they can fit nice and snug.

While it wasn't apparent in the advertised photo, the chips have a small (1mm or so) chamfer. Using a combination of a file and a X-acto to smooth the edge I was able to take that chamfered edge off.

Now I'm even more excited to get my lenses in! These results look fantastic!

i tried to upload the files of the web shooter so i can get them to shapeways but it didnt work is there another way or can somebody explain to me step by step. im new here.

Direct shapeways links are in the JY...

From what I can see, it looks like he has both a positive and negative lead for thr LED's so it should work. It doesn't matter where in line you have he switches so it should be squared away, great job! You just designed a circuit, wasn't that hard was it? :thumbsup

Thats awesome! :D Thanks! Okay so now I'm wandering this; What type of wires would I need, would I need to solder the wires to the LED stems, and where can you get a wired button mechanism?

Small gauge wire should work just fine; nothing special just, small! :lol
Yes you should solder all your connections, as your working be sure to separate positive from negative so you don't have a short. I like to use low temp hot glue to set everything in place once I have it the way I like it. A simple airsoft pressure switch should work fine if you want to wire it under your gloves.

oh whoops i misread that. I thought he said the purple isn't connected to anything lol threw me off.. and as for the pressure switch. you'd have to have it very sturdy so that it doesnt move side to side in your glove. otherwise you might find it a bit annoying looking for the button to press xD

Small gauge wire should work just fine; nothing special just, small! :lol
Yes you should solder all your connections, as your working be sure to separate positive from negative so you don't have a short. I like to use low temp hot glue to set everything in place once I have it the way I like it. A simple airsoft pressure switch should work fine if you want to wire it under your gloves.

When you say separate positive from negative do you mean make sure they don't touch?

Just wanted to show everyone the Kelly Green RIT Dye.
If the center lense is Red?
And the fluid indicator is Green...

Does that mean you only need white lights?

EDIT: Eh, Im thinking the colored lights will make it pop more.

Bingo chips coming in today!

Last edited:

Just wanted to show everyone the Kelly Green RIT Dye.
If the center lense is Red?
And the fluid indicator is Green...

Does that mean you only need white lights?

EDIT: Eh, Im thinking the colored lights will make it pop more.

Bingo chips coming in today!

It looks good! I might have to try dying my indicators as well :)

does anybody know how to make the leather band like in the picture at the top of the page

does anybody know how to make the leather band like in the picture at the top of the page

Apparently not. Or at least no one is that far in the build yet to try it out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back