Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. Now with wiring diagrams!

I'm digging these diagrams but has anyone seen how small these things are yet?
Like Ermahgerd. Do we ever need wires other than for a palm switch? Can't the LEDs touch the battery without them?

I'm digging these diagrams but has anyone seen how small these things are yet?

I get what your saying, but as long as we're careful and plan ahead it should work out. I don't have any solid progress yet, waiting for materials to arrive, but its in the works... it is possible.

Allright kiddies I've got some great news for everybody!

Fellow member and modeler Weno contacted me about a possible find for the center chip. Well I've got to say he pulled through in strides because I think he found the perfect contender!
Check this out:
09261-1.jpg

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9261

It's got a lot going for it.
  • The right amount of pins
  • Surface Mount
  • Size is 1cm^2 so it fits perfectly in the center of our shooters!

I'm so excited that Weno decided to share this find with me and the community instead of hoarding it.
I ordered one so I can't wait for it to get here!

Fellow member and modeler Weno contacted me about a possible find for the center chip. Well I've got to say he pulled through in strides because I think he found the perfect contender!
Check this out:
I'm so excited that Weno decided to share this find with me and the community instead of hoarding it.

I was just browsing that site the other day.... ordered a few things.... and on a whim ordered a chip that might serve a purpose in this project.

Turns out, it was that^ very same chip! :D
I'm glad to here you think it'll work, because I wasn't sure.

On a side note, I just realized that having the chip smack dab in the center might make me have to change my plans for the red LED(s). This may make lighting the center a tad more difficult....:(

Well glad we're on the same page at least!

I was actually thinking of having a 3 point array of LED's around the chip to get an even spread of light. I got the lens's in today so I might have a go at mocking something up. Knowing the size helps a lot with where to put the LED's. Just have to get some suitable batteries now. :love

Well glad we're on the same page at least!

I was actually thinking of having a 3 point array of LED's around the chip to get an even spread of light. I got the lens's in today so I might have a go at mocking something up. Knowing the size helps a lot with where to put the LED's. Just have to get some suitable batteries now. :love

Some solid thoughts there. All I have to wok with at the moment are the LiliPads so I may be able to figure something along those lines out, or last resort I can just look for more suitably sized LEDs.

Any chance of possibly peeling back a layer from the black chip to have light shine through better?

Someone posted about these earlier.
I think it may work great if the coin cell switch fits underneath?
Make the green wire longer for the palm switch and voila!

3V Coin Cell Holder with Switch for use with 3V LEDs - Lights for Minis

The main concern here is space.

While I want to try to use the CR2032 coin cells, they are only a little smaller than a quarter. The casing is going to add more with to the already fairly wide battery.

Can it work? Maybe, but it'll take some work :)

Red bingo chip just sitting on top for sizing.
Looks good with the red and green.

Guess Ill sand down the Red bingo chip to fit inside.
Wondering if the new Black Micro Chip will fit under the sanded Bingo Chip?

Check this out:
09261-1.jpg

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9261

It's got a lot going for it.
  • The right amount of pins
  • Surface Mount
  • Size is 1cm^2 so it fits perfectly in the center of our shooters!

It's pretty close, but the chip from the movie is actually a 36 pin and not a 32 pin chip. There needs to be one more pin on each side of that chip.

A quick tip those who are using or plan to use the bingo chips for your shooters:

Two words- nail clippers

A set of these will make the tedious process much easier. (The one I used had a slight concave edge) It'll remove a lot of material faster, while leaving sanding/scraping as a finishing touch. Who would've thought! :lol

Red bingo chip just sitting on top for sizing.
Looks good with the red and green.

Guess Ill sand down the Red bingo chip to fit inside.
Wondering if the new Black Micro Chip will fit under the sanded Bingo Chip?

Was the bevel already on the chips, or did you do that? It actually looks quite accurate!

Was the bevel already on the chips, or did you do that? It actually looks quite accurate!

They came with that edge. Sadly you have to remove nearly all of it if you want it to sit in the hole.

I do like that bevel though, I wish there was an easy way to remove just a small amount so that part of it sat in the hole but the uppermost bevel rested on the face.

Yes the bevel is on.
That was a un-touched Chip.
I have been filing down the chips with a finger nail clipper file that works great.

I like the larger sized Bingo Chip myself.
I was considering just sanding down the actual shooter face to fit it.
But I don't want to risk snapping or damaging the whole shooter.

Might get to work on this more on the weekend... but here's a little update. It seems a tad small, but it's close.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back