Spider-man: No way home costume thread *SPOILERS*

The overall suit and the spider design look very similar to the PS4 classic suit.
It really does!

Small update. There does seem to be a texture to the blue tho I can't really tell what kind. So for now I'm using the same texture as the red
Screenshot 2022-01-05 160749.jpg

Still working on the webbing but its almost done
Spider-Man No way home ending copy.jpg

Last edited:
Aside from the new screen painted webbing and possible white eye lenses, has there been any more noticeable changes to the Raimi suit? Or the TASM2 suit? It was hard to tell in theatres, so I imagine the digital release might unveil something

Aside from the new screen painted webbing and possible white eye lenses, has there been any more noticeable changes to the Raimi suit? Or the TASM2 suit? It was hard to tell in theatres, so I imagine the digital release might unveil something
Here's my first take at the differences for the Raimi suit:

-Different face shape
-Larger eye frames with a different shape
-Inner "eye point" detail on frames is completely different and less pointy
-Extra webline alone the mouth area
-Entire pattern is scaled slightly larger, likely to accommodate the new webbing technique, but largely causing it to fit more loosely
-Bricks are not as distorted over the pattern
-Muscle shading is present but less intense

Here's my first take at the differences for the Raimi suit:

-Different face shape
-Larger eye frames with a different shape
-Inner "eye point" detail on frames is completely different and less pointy
-Extra webline alone the mouth area
-Entire pattern is scaled slightly larger, likely to accommodate the new webbing technique, but largely causing it to fit more loosely
-Bricks are not as distorted over the pattern
-Muscle shading is present but less intense
I see what you mean about the mouth webline. That was an odd choice. Looking at the vertical webs above the eyes there is some weird spacing going on there too. Wide gap from the lenses to the first web then narrow gap, then wide gap in the middle. Doesn't look as uniform as the original. I wonder why they didn't just recreate the original web pattern? Or was it because of the eye change?

I can see the inner eye point now too.

What do you mean about the pattern being scaled larger and it fitting more looseley?

I see what you mean about the mouth webline. That was an odd choice. Looking at the vertical webs above the eyes there is some weird spacing going on there too. Wide gap from the lenses to the first web then narrow gap, then wide gap in the middle. Doesn't look as uniform as the original. I wonder why they didn't just recreate the original web pattern? Or was it because of the eye change?

I can see the inner eye point now too.

What do you mean about the pattern being scaled larger and it fitting more looseley?
The fabric is just a larger size. You can see that it's looser based on how the front of the neck puckers causing the head of the spider to look like it's falling off.

I scaled the test piece I posted on page one based on the dollar in the photo and compared it to my copy of the original Raimi pattern and it's just larger.

The fabric is just a larger size. You can see that it's looser based on how the front of the neck puckers causing the head of the spider to look like it's falling off.

I scaled the test piece I posted on page one based on the dollar in the photo and compared it to my copy of the original Raimi pattern and it's just larger.
Interesting. I hope we get some behind the scenes stuff about making the suits. I use to love the old dvd special features about the suits.

Interesting. I hope we get some behind the scenes stuff about making the suits. I use to love the old dvd special features about the suits.
As much as I would love that, I doubt we will. It's just not a thing Marvel has ever really shown interest in.

As much as I would love that, I doubt we will. It's just not a thing Marvel has ever really shown interest in.
It sort of sucks. Because they really create some great costumes. The worst thing about streaming was it killed the special features stuff you would get on your blu-ray and dvd.

Got one of those cheap masks off of amazon and replaced the eyes (there is residue from the old eyes but for a display peice while im not using it, it works :D
Before:
1067.jpg

After:
1066.jpg

Last edited:
Is it me are the lenses more Spider-man 1 size?

View attachment 1539438
Hmmm they almost look... a bit bigger?? Definitely inspired by the SM1 lenses with the colors though.

I'd love to see this costume on display somewhere at some point (maybe at a comic con sometime in the near future??) but what's interesting is that I actually don't think they used a real mask for this movie. I'm 65% sure than neither Tobey or Andrew wore a mask at all, and they just used CGI for the masks (every time they remove the masks, the eyes stretch with the fabric lol)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back