Spider-man: No way home costume thread *SPOILERS*

batfan10

Sr Member
Higher quality of Raimi suit
FMVMkcCXwAIit-i.jpg

John NotStamos

I knew something was off in the entire movie. Raimi Spidey's webbing was a dye sublimated pattern. Probably because the original suit's sculpted and molded webs inflated the overall costume budget for the original trilogy. It doesn't pop or contrast compared to Marc Webb Spidey's sewn in webs

John NotStamos

I knew something was off in the entire movie. Raimi Spidey's webbing was a dye sublimated pattern. Probably because the original suit's sculpted and molded webs inflated the overall costume budget for the original trilogy. It doesn't pop or contrast compared to Marc Webb Spidey's sewn in webs
Actually, at 2nd glance I'm wrong. The webbing is real, it just isn't as thick as the ones from the original Raimi films. It's like a couple cm raised from the fabric. At 1st glance the webs do look like those Raimi Spidey Dye-sublimated patterns

PhantomForge

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
New final concept images for the final suit from the guy who designed it
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.15.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.15.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.15.36 AM.png

A great look at the spider and the pattern on the blue. It looks like, at least in this concept art, the blue is the same pattern as the previous black sections of the suit (but, ya know... blue instead.)
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.21.24 AM.png

Hard to tell if they kept that for the final version though.
I've said it before I'll say it again, this spider chest design is such a good amalgamation of all the movie spiders that came before it.

Schlegel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I like the design there. Really true to the classic look while keeping a touch of the texture that modern costumes have added in for visual complexity on the big monocolor spaces. But the texture is toned down, more subtle than most.

PhantomForge

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Close up on the webbing showing the "illusion" of raise webbing.
It's interesting, and pretty effective. Was hard for me to pin down how raised it exactly was while watching the movie, and it looks like only the silver is raised— nice.

Honestly, this version of the suit is nice because it makes it a lot easier for folks to replicate it. The effort that goes into the 3D webs on the traditional suits is tricky, but amazing when pulled off.

Folks could probably even get away just silver-puff-paint a suit like this with black web lines underneath.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.