Spartan War hero armor set from Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

cassius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Everything is a bit loose due to lack of padding but you get the general idea. Looks quite nice I think :)

Torso may seem a bit short without the extra leather elements around my hips that extend it by +2 inches on sides and +3 inches on the front/back, but I'm quite shure it will look as it should eventually :)

Frame 50.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Riceball

Master Member
Looks good so far and I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the cuirass, short is good. Historically, breast plates/cuirasses were on the short side, generally stopping at the natural waist (and not the hips) so that the wearer can actually bend at the waist.

cassius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looks good so far and I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the cuirass, short is good. Historically, breast plates/cuirasses were on the short side, generally stopping at the natural waist (and not the hips) so that the wearer can actually bend at the waist.
Thanks, always nice to learn something new :).

cassius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Small update: as of now my big printer and resin printer are offline. The only armor pieces I still have to print is the final version of back torso armor (model ready) and removable plume holder (still in development).

That's why I'm currently modeling the last remaning decorative elementthat goes around my hips (coin with some kind of head, prabobly a philosopher :D. In 2 wariants - hair and bald), weapons and shields. Standard round spartan shield (3 feet in diameter) and one of those big oval ones I want to make for myself. Sadly it's 4 feet tall so I can tell you I'm not looking forward to printing that :p

1609676034488.png

cassius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
the helmet is almost ready so decided to risk it all and apply the experimental powder coating onto the surface. After polishing it looks just as I wanted which means I can achieve cold cast effect without making molds and all that expensive and technical business. Quite happy about it :)

For a moment I thought about electroplating which is also terribly difficult with such big pieces.

IMG_20210308_123303.jpg

cassius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Minor update - purchased copper plates and a brass rod for pin lock hinge I will be using for torso. The torso will be copper but I got the brass rod simply because it's close enough visually and stiffer than copper so it doesn't bend. The cool thing is that I will be cold painting the whole helmet during the weekend so hopefully on monday I have a polished finished piece (minus plume holder) :)

IMG_20210312_140508.jpg

Last edited:

cassius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Also something you might like - I will be putting files of this armor for sale. I'm talking about "only" the armor pieces but I think it will be more than enough for most. I will talk more about it once the costume is done :)

cassius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, I was stupid to leave the helmet outside, unchecked and today was very windy... The helmet fell off the table and broke off both cheeks :/. Looks like I will be able to save it with glue, resin and fibre glass inside.

The green piece is a repair jig that allowed me to glue both pieces under correct angle.

IMG_20210313_141313.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.