Spartan War hero armor set from Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Everything is a bit loose due to lack of padding but you get the general idea. Looks quite nice I think :)

Torso may seem a bit short without the extra leather elements around my hips that extend it by +2 inches on sides and +3 inches on the front/back, but I'm quite shure it will look as it should eventually :)

Frame 50.jpg

Looks good so far and I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the cuirass, short is good. Historically, breast plates/cuirasses were on the short side, generally stopping at the natural waist (and not the hips) so that the wearer can actually bend at the waist.

Looks good so far and I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the cuirass, short is good. Historically, breast plates/cuirasses were on the short side, generally stopping at the natural waist (and not the hips) so that the wearer can actually bend at the waist.
Thanks, always nice to learn something new :).

Small update: as of now my big printer and resin printer are offline. The only armor pieces I still have to print is the final version of back torso armor (model ready) and removable plume holder (still in development).

That's why I'm currently modeling the last remaning decorative elementthat goes around my hips (coin with some kind of head, prabobly a philosopher :D. In 2 wariants - hair and bald), weapons and shields. Standard round spartan shield (3 feet in diameter) and one of those big oval ones I want to make for myself. Sadly it's 4 feet tall so I can tell you I'm not looking forward to printing that :p

1609676034488.png

the helmet is almost ready so decided to risk it all and apply the experimental powder coating onto the surface. After polishing it looks just as I wanted which means I can achieve cold cast effect without making molds and all that expensive and technical business. Quite happy about it :)

For a moment I thought about electroplating which is also terribly difficult with such big pieces.

IMG_20210308_123303.jpg

Minor update - purchased copper plates and a brass rod for pin lock hinge I will be using for torso. The torso will be copper but I got the brass rod simply because it's close enough visually and stiffer than copper so it doesn't bend. The cool thing is that I will be cold painting the whole helmet during the weekend so hopefully on monday I have a polished finished piece (minus plume holder) :)

IMG_20210312_140508.jpg

Last edited:
Also something you might like - I will be putting files of this armor for sale. I'm talking about "only" the armor pieces but I think it will be more than enough for most. I will talk more about it once the costume is done :)

Well, I was stupid to leave the helmet outside, unchecked and today was very windy... The helmet fell off the table and broke off both cheeks :/. Looks like I will be able to save it with glue, resin and fibre glass inside.

The green piece is a repair jig that allowed me to glue both pieces under correct angle.

IMG_20210313_141313.jpg

Did a bit more polishing today + painted it with terracota paint identical in color to copper powder. Then I wiped it to get a bit more contrast. Looks even better I think. Now I can finish the spikes, plume and take care of bronze vambraces which I already started coating with powder :).

IMG_20210608_101907a.jpg

Are you going for a pristine finish? I think some patina/weathering would be nice.

2nd and 4th in the picture attached (no need for blue/green) would be really nice and would give some depth to the texture. You could achieve this with a simple black wash (acrylic black paint mixed with cleaner).

maxresdefault.jpg

Are you going for a pristine finish? I think some patina/weathering would be nice.

2nd and 4th in the picture attached (no need for blue/green) would be really nice and would give some depth to the texture. You could achieve this with a simple black wash (acrylic black paint mixed with cleaner).

View attachment 1465565

I thought about it but I will let it develop natural patina over the years :). BTW those samples look really nice :).

The model is absolutely stunning!

How did you achieve the grunginess in the models topology? Was it a filter that got applied?
What software did you use?

Sorry for silly questions, but I'm working on learning how to 3d model properly for my own stuff...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back