Spaceballs! There goes the planet...

jackdoud

Sr Member
A friend and I are working on white spaceballs costumes for Wizard World East next month. I made a helmet for another friend for christmas last year and figured it was time I made myself one. I have a buildup for the first helmet I made on my website here: http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/jdoud/spaceballhelm.html

For my own I went a bit further and made the drop-down eye shield:

We're planning on using off-white dickies coveralls and mock turtlenecks for the suits. We're not going to bother getting the correct boots as they'd cost more than the rest of the costume put together and no one will really care.

Today I started on the belt buckle:

I'll be casting a couple of these for us and a few friends, depending on how the casts come out I may offer some in the JY as well. I haven't done much casting (or sculpting for that matter) so I don't want to commit to anything yet.

The 12' acrylic dome you found in the lighting section of home depot? I'm guessing that is what it is. A light shade? Right or wrong? What is tha cost on the dome?

Correct. If it's not with the other glass and plastic globes check the outdoor lamppost section. These usually aren't marked either so you'll have to get someone that works there to write out an SKU number for the cashier from the barcode on the rack. They're about $16 each, be sure and pick up a lot of extra dremel cutting disks as it breaks them like crazy. I've done 3 of these now, the first one had no problem but the other two I cracked while cutting. A bit of superglue fixes it right up, just don't go bouncing it like a basketball. :thumbsup

cool, I know someone doing this outfit too. He's been trying to find moon boots. I don't know if he hasn't found any or hasn't found any for a reasonable price.
Are you doing anything at all for the boots? or just wearing a pair you already own? Just curious, I have to agree I don't think anyone would care.

Are you doing anything at all for the boots? or just wearing a pair you already own? Just curious, I have to agree I don't think anyone would care.

I'll just be wearing a pair of hiking boots. If I ever care enough I may go with a pair of Uggs snow boots as they're the closest thing I've found in the right color:

SB001_Snow_Boots_Grey_Large.jpg

Just need to add the black stripe above the ankle.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back