Spaceballs! There goes the planet...

Quick question for you all. Where do you think I can get the silver undersuit for this costume? I would strongly prefer a two piece as it would be easier to get in and out of.

When I was first looking into doing a black guard the best place I found for the silver bodysuit was ebay. A search for silver zentai will turn up a bunch of option. I don't think you'll have much luck with 2-peice though, you'll probably have to modify something if you don't want a bodysuit.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=silver+zentai&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

While Cutting my helmet tonight it broke twice. Going to have to go buy a new dome and redo it.

For some reason my Dremel Stylus keeps stopping during cutting. I think it is broken, such a pain.

While Cutting my helmet tonight it broke twice. Going to have to go buy a new dome and redo it.

For some reason my Dremel Stylus keeps stopping during cutting. I think it is broken, such a pain.

I had the same problem on 2 of the helmets I've done. They were small cracks so I was able to glue them back together and keep going. You have to go VERY slow with the cutting disk, mine got stuck constantly and I was close to burning out my dremel after 5 minutes.

I had the same problem on 2 of the helmets I've done. They were small cracks so I was able to glue them back together and keep going. You have to go VERY slow with the cutting disk, mine got stuck constantly and I was close to burning out my dremel after 5 minutes.

I ended up using a soldering iron to finish cutting it. I just sat outside with a respirator and plugged in the iron and dragged it slllowly across some of my cut lines. Some of the edges are pretty rough, but I'm using some black rubber hosing to seal the edges up. Looks kind of ghetto now.

Funny.. I start searchin for spaceballs costumes, and I come across this, Jack!

BTW, someone here just picked up one of those calico rifles, and is planning on molding it. You might be able to snag one at a reasonable price now.

I was thinking of doing a space balls for myself, and seeing if I can snag one of those dark helmets here for Marci, since she is short, and would be good for Dark helmet him/herself.

Maybe we can team up with you guys one day next Dragoncon?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back