Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 492
  • 323a21.JPG
    323a21.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,200
Last edited:
No, the one from 2007 was before the new animated series, this one is based off the version that is currently airing.

It's a cool kit, but very expensive, total it's like $2,000 and the Bandai kits are generally more detailed.

Done the math! ~_~
If the yen to dollar stays the same total cost will be near $2505.22
The outer hull is painted/diecast with tempo details and you get all kinds of reference material.
I assume same sculpt as the 1/350 Bandai kit.

Hopefully the first 8 issues will be at the post office tomorrow, had some issues with asking the local post office to just relax and hold on to the package until I can pick it up.

Last edited:
Very cool!

It's out of my price range, but if I ever win the lottery....:lol:

In the meantime, I'll have to live the 1/500 version

I was able to pick up the first 8 issues at the Post Office, I'll try to post some pics this weekend.
Perello23 might pay me a visit ^_^

Its VERY cool with all those motorized features and lighting but outta my price range...

thanks for sharing though.

Jedi Dade

I should have some pics soon, still sorting out all the magazines and deciding if I want to panel line some of the details.

Holy Cow!

This is amazing!

My buddy built my Bandai which is incredible but this takes it to the next level w/ the running lights and remote controlled anchors.
Magnetically removable panels and wings!
The removable panel showing the engine and hanger bay is an option on the 1/500 scale model.

Their on-line videos are much better than the ones by DeAgostini in terms of clarity. I figure the text doesn't matter so much.

The case is something that I'd love to have for the ship I have now.

Looking forward to seeing your build.

I've just finished issue 36. It's been a fun build so far but because of the language issues you have to pay extra close attention to the instructions and the illustrations could be better. I've had to go make back and make a few adjustments, right now I need to make an adjustment to the turret motor, the turn radius is incorrect, to much right and not enough left.

I finally got around to some building on the Yamato today, what you see takes me through to issue 40. Weight of the build at this point is just under 4lbs.

So far there have been no QC issues and everything fits as designed but there is an issue there. The way the hull goes together is a bit odd. The upper and lower sections have a lip so there is no light bleed from inside as there are more than a few light sources for the fiber optic lights but the way the completed sections join there is no lip, they just butt up against each other and while hey fit nicely you can see a sliver of light so some additional blocking will need to be done.

All lights and motors have been tested at this point, everything works.

Overall I’m pleased with the build. When finish I’m guessing it will weight around 20 lbs.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 311
They really did go all out and on the gimmicks and still a lot more to go, this is just getting started.

Yeah, I was figuring a little aluminum tape will do the trick. Likely wouldn't even bother most people.

Wow!
They really went all out with all the gimmicks. That looks amazing

Sucks about the light leak but should be an easy fix. You could probably just put some aluminum tape on the inside

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back