Sound System

Any one able to give a parts list for arduino sound system,so i can put it together and make a sound board.So far i know i need a speaker/9v battery/micro sd card/arduino(not sure which 1)/tactile switches.anything else i need.

Appropriate cable for the buttons, and a small power source, a guy called dhb here on the lair have not seen him on for awhile made one might want to shoot him a pm. Oh and some programming experience

You can also get a speaker, off of eBay for cheap I got mine for about 10$ and its loud an you can play with the reverb.

You can also get a speaker, off of eBay for cheap I got mine for about 10$ and its loud an you can play with the reverb.
many thanks mate.i know i need an arduino(not sure whitch) but the systems ive seen are way to expensive.only want 3 sounds tp play.

Yeah I bought one no paying attention and it can okay upto a dozen different sounds I bought mine at robotshop.com you can pm DHB and he can give you the parts list and help with info on programming, but then again I have had my arduino for about a year and have not done anything with it.

Yeah I bought one no paying attention and it can okay upto a dozen different sounds I bought mine at robotshop.com you can pm DHB and he can give you the parts list and help with info on programming, but then again I have had my arduino for about a year and have not done anything with it.
you must finish yours mate.will sound awesome to make the sounds when suited up lol.

i got a pm 66 sound board with a small speaker and 4 push buttons that fit in your glove.got off of ebay but the directions are not that clear on how to get your sounds.hard to read they were not pre loaded.good idea if i can get it to work

I have found it takes a lot of tinkering around with your computer, and by no means am I computer literate, and some of the parts are by no means cheap.

yea Iam finding out this isnt as easy as it sounded.got a buddy of mine gonna check it out tuesday,hopefully he can figure it out

That PM66 board is pretty simple. You have to get the software on your PC first which can be found here: http://pm66.software.informer.com/1.2/
You run the software, plug the board into your USB port. If you don't have an extension cable it can be a bit tricky to get a proper connection to your USB port if you have the double sided tape attached to the board. Just make sure it's pushed in all the way. In the software, click "Check board" first. This will let you know if it's plugged in properly by telling you what board is connected. Change the voice output to DAC for ext amp as that will give you a better sound. Leave the trigger function at default which should be One Shot Retriggerable. Where it says "Key", that is the button that corresponds to each button i.e. K1, K2, K3, K4. So if you want to program the first button to play a sound, select K1 under Key, press the little drop down arrow next to the first line under Wav...Mute and select New Wav... That will open your browse option to select your wav file. This board can only use wav files so you have to make sure that you have your sound files saved as a wav first. Do this for all 4 buttons and follow the steps in your manual to set the LED to flash or stay steady or to stay turned off for each sound depending on your preference. I have found that most wav sounds are best left at 8K as some don't play right at anything higher than that. When you are done, press PM66 and it will start flashing your module. When it's done it will pop up a window to save again or cancel, so you just click cancel, close the program and unplug the board. The attached speaker sounds very tiny but if you plug an external speaker in there it sounds pretty good. I have one of those and the ony thing I might change is the length of the wires going to the individual buttons as they are somewhat short. Hope this helps.

Sorry, I forgot to add, there is an awesome free program called Freestudio Youtube to mp3 made by DVD Video Soft that lets you download sounds from YouTube and lets you convert them right away to wav files. There is a ton of different Predator sounds on there such as the snarl, growl and lots of good compilations (those you would have to split using something like Audacity first though).

That PM66 board is pretty simple. You have to get the software on your PC first which can be found here: http://pm66.software.informer.com/1.2/
You run the software, plug the board into your USB port. If you don't have an extension cable it can be a bit tricky to get a proper connection to your USB port if you have the double sided tape attached to the board. Just make sure it's pushed in all the way. In the software, click "Check board" first. This will let you know if it's plugged in properly by telling you what board is connected. Change the voice output to DAC for ext amp as that will give you a better sound. Leave the trigger function at default which should be One Shot Retriggerable. Where it says "Key", that is the button that corresponds to each button i.e. K1, K2, K3, K4. So if you want to program the first button to play a sound, select K1 under Key, press the little drop down arrow next to the first line under Wav...Mute and select New Wav... That will open your browse option to select your wav file. This board can only use wav files so you have to make sure that you have your sound files saved as a wav first. Do this for all 4 buttons and follow the steps in your manual to set the LED to flash or stay steady or to stay turned off for each sound depending on your preference. I have found that most wav sounds are best left at 8K as some don't play right at anything higher than that. When you are done, press PM66 and it will start flashing your module. When it's done it will pop up a window to save again or cancel, so you just click cancel, close the program and unplug the board. The attached speaker sounds very tiny but if you plug an external speaker in there it sounds pretty good. I have one of those and the ony thing I might change is the length of the wires going to the individual buttons as they are somewhat short. Hope this helps.
where do you get this system and what price,thanks chris.

I use an ipod nano version 2 with the "push" button disc on it. It doesn't need touch. I then downloaded sounds from a guy from the Lair. I can't remember who. I then purchased a rechargeable, mini hamburger loud speaker and installed it inside my gauntlet. It is surprisingly loud! I have 22 pred related sounds and can loop them to repeat.

where do you get this system and what price,thanks chris.

You can find them on eBay but there is a place online called VoodooFX that sells them as well as "Sound Effects Unit 2". I haven't dealt with this company myself so I can't vouch for their service or whatnot.

You can find them on eBay but there is a place online called VoodooFX that sells them as well as "Sound Effects Unit 2". I haven't dealt with this company myself so I can't vouch for their service or whatnot.
many thanks mate, haven't found them on ebay,but looked on the site.looks ok,thanks

did you find the predator sounds ? from the ones i have found on here the links don't work anymore and the ones from the google search are scratchy at best .

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back