sonic screwdriver Dr who

Nice work. You can never have too many sonic screwdrivers. :) Is that some kind of a bevel on the butt end of it?

I'm working on a custom one out of oak and brass. :) :) It goes with the Season 14 alternate control room.

W.

see pic

sonic2.jpg

there is 30 degree angle at the bottom also notice the slot just above that.

charlie

I never noticed that before. I wonder if that's a dent from one of the many times he dropped it. There are strories about him breaking that thing all the time, and they had to keep patching it together. the emitter looks a bit wonky to me, too, in that pic. That's from location shooting, so who knows what that thing had been through that day.

I don't think it's from The Sea Devils. That would be a Pertwee episode, and that is Tom Baker's hand and SS. I was thinking more like The Sontaran Experiment.

EDIT: Yep. Here's the uncropped photo. It's from The Sontaran Experiment.
st--4b32.jpg

W.

[attachmentid=7201]
Originally posted by boatbuilder1@Mar 13 2006, 08:58 PM
yes sontaron experiment. no dent there are numerous pics of this detail starting in the pertwee era.
[snapback]1204956[/snapback]​

Last edited:
Originally posted by phase pistol@Mar 15 2006, 09:10 PM
A few grabs from my files. :D

DW-TBaker-sonicscrewdriver3.jpg

Haha. I was just watching that episode last night.

Awesome work on the replica. I wonder how difficult a hardware version of that would be . . . ?

Originally posted by mtsbspidey@Mar 16 2006, 09:39 AM
"I wonder how difficult a hardware version of that would be . . . ?"

we should find out soon...i'm attempting one...skott
[snapback]1206931[/snapback]​

sweet. Progress pics would be awesome. :D I might try to make one for my wife's birthday this June - the trick is just going to be doing it without her knowing what I'm up to. :ninja

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back