Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . Suit Display Done !!

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit .

For all bro that owned my MOS suit , u may need to get this LOCTITE 401 super glue ( or any other code of Loctite superglue ) with the LOCTITE 770 PRIMER .

Based on my research on the loctite website, the 770 is an "industrial" product which probably means we probably wont be able to find it at a regular store. I don't know this for sure, but just a hunch.

As far as the 401, you mentioned we can use any loctite superglue. I looked on their website for their gel-based glues:
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/super-glue-gel.shtml

I'm curious if plain ol' Super-glue will work or perhaps go with the "GO2" or Ultra-Gel Superglue? I ordered the 770 online but probably overpaid so I'd like to pick an equivalent consumer glue in the US if possible. I saw the 401 for as cheap as $5 on ebay but that will be a 2-3 week shipping wait :)

The 770 primer is to activate the sensitive surface of Silicon and to make it easily bond with the urethane surface .. and it works perfectly. Only few seconds and it works ... BUT FULLY RECOMMEND TO LEAVE IT 24 HOURS OR MORE BEFORE U CAN SUIT UP !!!

Apply thin layer of the 770 Primer on the silicon surface , and only few drops of the Super glue , and it takes few second to cure ..

So if we're going to wear the suit when we glue on the armor, how long do you think we should wear it before taking it off?

I'm pretty sure I would only glue 1 or 2 items at time.

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . WEARABLE SUIT ARMOR PARTS

i was actually wondering if a silicone glue could be an option. altho the time to set might be too long considering we have to wear it to glue it on.

Based on my research on the loctite website, the 770 is an "industrial" product which probably means we probably wont be able to find it at a regular store. I don't know this for sure, but just a hunch.

As far as the 401, you mentioned we can use any loctite superglue. I looked on their website for their gel-based glues:
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/super-glue-gel.shtml

I'm curious if plain ol' Super-glue will work or perhaps go with the "GO2" or Ultra-Gel Superglue? I ordered the 770 online but probably overpaid so I'd like to pick an equivalent consumer glue in the US if possible. I saw the 401 for as cheap as $5 on ebay but that will be a 2-3 week shipping wait :)

So if we're going to wear the suit when we glue on the armor, how long do you think we should wear it before taking it off?

I'm pretty sure I would only glue 1 or 2 items at time.

Yes bro, the 770 primer is for industrial used and i cant find it in my local art and hardware store , i go direct to the Henkel office and they cant sell it to me direct , i placed order with my local Loctite distributor and they all supply to factory for industrial used . But i believe u can easily find it online and place order with your locaal Loctite distributor .

Heres what i found :

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ords=loctite+primer&rh=i:aps,k:loctite+primer

http://www.henkelna.com/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8797888348161

This a quite common brand . According to the Henkel sales person , the primer should work with few Loctite common Super glue and may also work with the gel type , but im not sure how fast is the cure time for the gel glue . The primer is used for activate the sensitive surface of the silicon to make it easy bond with the urethane , should work other material as well.... I found all this info on Youtube before go to the Henkel office .

After tested on my mos suit , i fully recommended this .... also just checked the suit i glue yesterday .. It works great !!!!

Ive also found 3M company have this kind of bonding glue system as well..... maybe u shall look into it .. ;)

Last question : If u use the glue similar like mine , 401 + 770 primer , U can glue it while suit on .. just apply thin layer of primer on silicon texture surface , and few drops of super glue on the armor parts , than it cure super fast within few second . Like ordinary few second glue . But dont tear it too hard , it will have much better result after longer time .. Also dont apply too much volume of the glue ... it may go through the thin layer of body suit and will glue onto your skin ...lol...

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . WEARABLE SUIT ARMOR PARTS

i was actually wondering if a silicone glue could be an option. altho the time to set might be too long considering we have to wear it to glue it on.

Not sure bro ... but trust me , E6000 glue can hold the armor in place , but its easy peel , cause the glue cant bond with silicon but only in the fabric . But after u apply the Loctite primer with the superglue , the urethane will bond direct with the urethane piece ... with strong result .

Ive tested many types of glue , ordinary super glue wont even stick on .... the shoe glue will , but u have to apply both surface , and much longer cure time , but also easily tear off .. epoxy glue can hold armor parts in place too , but unless your suit is on display , and also longer cure time . The Loctite is the BEST among all.... especially for wearable suit .

Last edited:

finally found a store that has the items you suggested so will be able to get started on it monday. still some things to do like soles etc but should get there :)

finally found a store that has the items you suggested so will be able to get started on it monday. still some things to do like soles etc but should get there :)
Nice ....glad u found it bro . ;)

I ordered the 770 and 401 Friday and it shipped the same day, so hopefully I'll have it Monday or Tuesday.

How much glue did you use on the chest emblem Leslee? Seems that needs the most. so I'd assume along the border/edge and a few lines along the middle of the back. Also picked up paint for my soles, will try it out tomorrow.

I ordered the 770 and 401 Friday and it shipped the same day, so hopefully I'll have it Monday or Tuesday.

How much glue did you use on the chest emblem Leslee? Seems that needs the most. so I'd assume along the border/edge and a few lines along the middle of the back. Also picked up paint for my soles, will try it out tomorrow.

Nice.. glad u found too...

Not much glue actually... I only apply at the side of the whole emblem and few drops on the middle... Remember, this glue dry fast.. and if u wear it on for gluing , pls don't press too much of glue until it stick to your skin.. u may test it before start gluing after received. ;)

Just in case anyone is interested, I ordered the glue from www.all-spec.com/

Thanks bro on this link , great find ...

The bonding system really works great , gluing the waist piece ...

IMAG0382.jpg

IMAG0381.jpg

Been applying most of the pieces now and gotta say it bonds really well. think we spent 2 hours on it and can take the suit of easily after without any pieces coming of. so thnx leslee for this find :)

pics this weekend for ya :p

Been applying most of the pieces now and gotta say it bonds really well. think we spent 2 hours on it and can take the suit of easily after without any pieces coming of. so thnx leslee for this find :)

pics this weekend for ya :p

Nice bro , good to hear that .... hope to dont apply too much of glue until it stick onto your skin... lol..

Im waiting very excited to see u in full Super !!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the audio from in the first clip? the music is just perfect for superman

Its from the Man of steel trailer - Title Sequence . Its my favorite MOS trailer . ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

So when you are applying the pieces to the suit do you start by tracing the outline with a white pen? The process seems just a bit overwhelming so that's why I am asking where and how is the best way to start?

So when you are applying the pieces to the suit do you start by tracing the outline with a white pen? The process seems just a bit overwhelming so that's why I am asking where and how is the best way to start?

Yes bro , u can do so... if u have someone that could help on gluing while suit up , u can adjust all the pieces in place and starts on few drops of the glue , if the position is correct , than slowly apply the rest on ... or u may make yourself a cloth tape mannequin , mark down all the main parts with white chalk .

I start with neck armor , than adjust the balance of the back , which 2 straps beside the back zip... than all the way down .......

Hope this helps bro ..

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0372.jpg

IMAG0390a.jpg

IMAG0391a.jpg

IMAG0394a.jpg

IMAG0404a.jpg

IMAG0406a.jpg

nice job! I suggest the emblem can be further improved.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back