Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . Suit Display Done !!

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . WEARABLE SUIT ARMOR PARTS

Yes bro , u can do so... if u have someone that could help on gluing while suit up , u can adjust all the pieces in place and starts on few drops of the glue , if the position is correct , than slowly apply the rest on ... or u may make yourself a cloth tape mannequin , mark down all the main parts with white chalk .

I start with neck armor , than adjust the balance of the back , which 2 straps beside the back zip... than all the way down .......

Hope this helps bro ..

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp103/masked-rider2008/MOS suit/IMAG0371.jpg

I could be wrong but it looks to me like the emblem should be about 1-2" higher up on the chest..

header-new-man-of-steel-featurette-with-more-footage.jpg

Attachments

• man-of-steel.jpg
    man-of-steel.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 146
Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . WEARABLE SUIT ARMOR PARTS

View attachment 391630

will have some better photos soon seeing as i had 4 hours sleep for this con to make sure the suit was finished :p and superboy accompanied me to make sure all was safe :p

Wow... U looks marvelous while suit up.... If u adjust your cape to abit wider at the back.. than u will be ready to fly.. ;) and cute little Superboy ..

Can't wait to see more...

Last edited:

Looks great Mektar. Gonna start gluing this week. I would have done it this weekend but I had to go into the office to do some rendering due to deadlines. Blah.

How much work did you have to do as far as cutting the armour pieces? If you did need to cut, were there parts you had to manipulate to make it join up? Did you glue everything on while wearing it?

will have some better photos soon seeing as i had 4 hours sleep for this con to make sure the suit was finished :p and superboy accompanied me to make sure all was safe :p

How much work did you have to do as far as cutting the armour pieces? If you did need to cut, were there parts you had to manipulate to make it join up? Did you glue everything on while wearing it?

Dint really have to change alot to the pieces when glueing. the piece that goes from the thigh to the knee was a bit long so had to adjust that a bit and a small adjustment on the back aswell but other then that they were perfect.

Yes i had my wife glue the pieces on while i was wearing it. def needed to get the position right on the pieces. Unless you have a mannequin that is your size.

Just in case anyone is interested, I ordered the glue from www.all-spec.com/

I see two versions of the primer on the linc by Steyin, one is a huge $62.23 fee and the other is $12.03. Would the 12.03 be enough for the armor? How many bottles will we need to apply the armor?
According to Leslee's vid it is showing a blue top 401, but according to the site it shows that the only blue top is the 411 and 413 prism. So a little help please?
- - - Updated - - -

Found a great deal on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOCTITE-sup...-/121408458527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&has

I see two versions of the primer on the linc by Steyin, one is a huge $62.23 fee and the other is $12.03. Would the 12.03 be enough for the armor? How many bottles will we need to apply the armor?
According to Leslee's vid it is showing a blue top 401, but according to the site it shows that the only blue top is the 411 and 413 prism. So a little help please?
- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOCTITE-sup...-/121408458527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&has

Bro , the small bottle of 1.75 FL.OZ will be enough to apply the whole suit armor . Its included a small brush in the bottle , just brush thin layer on the silicon texture and few drops of the glue on the urethane armor , and press it down together ... it will bond in only few seconds .

A small bottle of primer and small bottle of 401 20g glue will be enough for full suit . I left almost half bottle of primer after glue down all full suit armor parts .

As for the 411 or 413 , it should be similar result . The more important is the primer to active the surface for ultimate bond . ;)

yeah the one on ebay was a good deal , but not sure is it a FAKE product . Pls beware !!!

IMAG0366.jpg

Last edited:

The 401 I ordered off ebay had a picture of a white top but came with a blue top (US Seller). Actually it has a picture of a white top in one picture, and a blue top in the big picture that shows all of the glues. It is definitely the real deal. I would prob go with Steyin's link if you're buying both the 770 and 401. I bought them separately and paid a few more because i was hoping that my bottle of super glue gel would work (it didnt). I just got the 401 today. Hopefully I can begin putting the armor on this weekend. I also have a bottle of superglue professional liquid that I got sunday. It is some powerful stuff so I'm going to try that too.

Here is the US Seller link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOCTITE-Ins...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item53eea313fc in case you are interested in going that route.

The link you gave is from Korea so you'll probably end up waiting a month for it to arrive

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have any issues with the glue leaking through the chainmail material onto your undersuit and having the undersuit stick the chainmail? Hopefully it doesnt leak through to skin?!

Dint really have to change alot to the pieces when glueing. the piece that goes from the thigh to the knee was a bit long so had to adjust that a bit and a small adjustment on the back aswell but other then that they were perfect.

Yes i had my wife glue the pieces on while i was wearing it. def needed to get the position right on the pieces. Unless you have a mannequin that is your size.

The 401 I ordered off ebay had a picture of a white top but came with a blue top (US Seller). Actually it has a picture of a white top in one picture, and a blue top in the big picture that shows all of the glues. It is definitely the real deal. I would prob go with Steyin's link if you're buying both the 770 and 401. I bought them separately and paid a few more because i was hoping that my bottle of super glue gel would work (it didnt). I just got the 401 today. Hopefully I can begin putting the armor on this weekend. I also have a bottle of superglue professional liquid that I got sunday. It is some powerful stuff so I'm going to try that too.

Here is the US Seller link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOCTITE-Ins...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item53eea313fc in case you are interested in going that route.

The link you gave is from Korea so you'll probably end up waiting a month for it to arrive

- - - Updated - - -

U can use other brand of super glue , i think the magic is on the Primer . :unsure

Oh , and the seller is from CHINA , not Korea .

Did you have any issues with the glue leaking through the chainmail material onto your undersuit and having the undersuit stick the chainmail? Hopefully it doesnt leak through to skin?!

The seller is from CHINA , not Korea , so due to the " good deal " price , u might need to aware that its a fake product .

This sure happen , unless u control the small amount of the glue only on the chain mail . U need to wrap your body parts with plastic wrap .... ;)

I started gluing on the armor (or more so my mom did) and it is quite an experience. She actually glued her finger to one piece and had to use a scissor to cut herself free, but no pain/blood or anything :facepalm

Anyway, got the neck/back and gauntlets done. The edge of the back pieces doesn't actually reach all the way to the zipper edge, so we had about an inch of space in between. Not that it will be seen all that much anyway, but no big deal. Gonna have to trim some pieces a bit, but it should turn out fine in the end. Should be done tomorrow night hopefully.

Almost done, just have the shield and boots to go, then some minor tweaks. I will say, this was a battle. Had to trim out quite a bit from the legs and obliques to get them to fit.

Might anyone know what the best method would be to fuse two pieces of the urethane together without damaging them? By this I mean at the new seams where I trimmed and had to re-align. If there isn't a good way then I'll just have to glue more, but with taking the suit on and off I know a few pieces will pop and need adjusting. Also, is there a specific way to clean the urethane to remove any dry glue?

Thanks all, will have this done later today.

My friend Michael has been working on his maskedrider suit and got the armor on this week. He took it out for a birthday event and by all accounts had a blast (he's still working on the cape, so this look isn't final)

I think it looks phenomenal.

1910633_799796453420978_4510081596193305710_n.jpg

1012085_10203081620577246_6772317151128300949_n.jpg

10307195_10152802945371085_9016438238694584168_n.jpg

10417731_799641493436474_8160906303120184082_n.jpg

10518830_799451916788765_6156259097703958832_n.jpg

(Why yes, that IS Lex Luthor. Michael has cool parties.)

10406373_457114537762434_4135127685134804777_n.jpg

I started gluing on the armor (or more so my mom did) and it is quite an experience. She actually glued her finger to one piece and had to use a scissor to cut herself free, but no pain/blood or anything :facepalm

Anyway, got the neck/back and gauntlets done. The edge of the back pieces doesn't actually reach all the way to the zipper edge, so we had about an inch of space in between. Not that it will be seen all that much anyway, but no big deal. Gonna have to trim some pieces a bit, but it should turn out fine in the end. Should be done tomorrow night hopefully.

Oh....glad that your mum has no injury... Told u so...Lol.... The glue dry and cure very quick...

Wow... Thanks bro for posting pics of Michael in his suit on his B'day party. It's actually my bad to not have my tailor to make him perfect fit suit. :(

Lux Luthor? The actor ?

I'm very enjoy to see all bro suit up in full suit. U all did very good job on your suit. :)

Oh....glad that your mum has no injury... Told u so...Lol.... The glue dry and cure very quick...

Oh yeah. Anyway, all I have left to do is finish the boots, which I won't get to until tomorrow now. Also the cape doesn't actually fit into the shoulder portion without the clips being visible, so I had my friend's mom (the seamstress) cut slits in the actual suit at that area so that the cape ends slide into it. Gonna glue a magnetic strip on the underside of the suit for the clips to cling onto, aside from the velcro over the shoulders.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back