Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . Suit Display Done !!

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit .

Actually, isn't the real MoS suit based on the concept of a thin, semi-transparent blue suit worn over a black/silver undersuit ( where the silver parts are patterned to look like the defined muscles)?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it looks to me like the cape is shorter in this film than in MoS.. This one doesn't seem to drag on the ground.

Yes , thats what we noticed . ;)

70b10dce42020961-IMG_1589.jpg

i prefer the previous one leslee, altho thats most def just a suit used for certain shots. most of the suit is similar to the old one with belt area maybe being the biggest change.

Yeah , we are in the same thoughts too...... on those set pics , the suit looks like dye sub print suit cause the muscle shading looks much clear ..... not just the muscle shape looks on the first suit . Also the waist armor pattern ,wrist armor, belt buckle and Emblem already changed . Im worry about they also changed the Texture chain mail pattern ...... thats the details design that i love most and pulled me in this project .

I'm not a fan of the new suit ,think its me being a geek and liking the old suit to much.
I heard that the chain mail pattern is printed on the fabric and sewn so it's going to a point where the abs are. And that there is kryptian wrinting on the suit in some areas as well as the emblem. I bet by the time the films out I will love it.

It looked pretty damn good in the promo pic, so I'm just basing it off of there, because here it doesn't look good at all

Yeah ... gotcha ......... im still prefer the first suit design . But we will see when the new movie comes out .

Ive also comment this on Shownee Smith's post ( Owner-Operator of Frontline Design, Inc. ) which his team built the original man of steel movie suit and also all Raimi's Spiderman suit . He told me the same thing too... that this new suit was cheap looking dye sub printing suit, and he was very upset about this ...... and he asked us fans to voice out our opinion .

To be fair i think its still early to judge on this , since the pics revealed from the movie on the set ..... this maybe a full dye sub print suit that Henry wearing on the set to perform fighting stunt for easy movement . As we know they make different kind of suit in the movie shot . Wait until we see the movie tour display suit same as the previous display suit . Hopefully they wont budget Superman suit and throw all into Batman suit and armor ...lol..............

Last edited:

I will say one thing about those new pictures... Based on what everyone else is wearing, Cavill must be miserable under all of those costume layers + that quilted overcoat that they tried to hide him in.

hahah true that Leslee, thing is though, they had raised the bar in terms of great and complex costume making in MOS, it would be a shame to abandon that going into this movie. That being said, I frickin love the Batman suit they made for this, and hope to get a full body colour shot of it soon.

Having heard from some pretty good sources on the Dawn of Justice suit, I'd say there's there's next to no chance that it's a simple dye-sub. If I might direct attention again to the official promotional image, we have the same extensive muscle padding, dimensional emblem, texture, and accents as before:
Gbj6CRx.jpg

yeah that's the thing, it looks sublime on the official shot, I am pretty sure it will look great once in motion, we can't really form an opinion on one set photo, I just hope the next couple of pics we'll eventually get will look better like it did in the first movie set pics

Yeah ... gotcha ......... im still prefer the first suit design . But we will see when the new movie comes out .

Ive also comment this on Shownee Smith's post ( Owner-Operator of Frontline Design, Inc. ) which his team built the original man of steel movie suit and also all Raimi's Spiderman suit . He told me the same thing too... that this new suit was cheap looking dye sub printing suit, and he was very upset about this ...... and he asked us fans to voice out our opinion .

To be fair i think its still early to judge on this , since the pics revealed from the movie on the set ..... this maybe a full dye sub print suit that Henry wearing on the set to perform fighting stunt for easy movement . As we know they make different kind of suit in the movie shot . Wait until we see the movie tour display suit same as the previous display suit . Hopefully they wont budget Superman suit and throw all into Batman suit and armor ...lol..............

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they used a Dye-sub printed suit for certain shots. Especially distance shots where the layered detail would be lost anyway.

I mean why bother to put the actor through the more labor intensive effort of getting into the more complicated (and probably uncomfortable) multi-layered outfit when no one will be able to tell the difference even in high resolution shots?

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they used a Dye-sub printed suit for certain shots. Especially distance shots where the layered detail would be lost anyway.

I mean why bother to put the actor through the more labor intensive effort of getting into the more complicated (and probably uncomfortable) multi-layered outfit when no one will be able to tell the difference even in high resolution shots?

Nobody on a professional film set of that size and budget will ever use a half-assed suit for "distance shots where no one will be able to tell the difference." They put the actor through the "labor intensive effort" of getting into the multi-layered suit every time because that's his job, to wear the suit. If the director decides to reframe one of the shots on the day or change an angle, you do NOT want to be the person who has to tell the director that the current suit wont work from a different setup and that they have to halt production to get the actor into the nicer suit. If that happened near a meal, you might push back the production through grace to the point that you've incurred a meal penalty as per union regulations, so the production will have to pay extra for every single person still on set for violating their labor agreement (additional money to their paycheck for failing to accommodate them on time). Meaning that you may have just cost the production many thousand dollars. No chance. That's why every stunt double, every photo double, every principle actor, in every scene, every angle, wears the nicest suit possible, the only changes being accommodations for different harnesses, padding, or soles (or removing capes for SFX). They will never have a "less nice" suit for distance shots. You either suit up completely or don't suit up at all (use a motion-tracker suit for being keyed out by a digital figure or the like).

In all honesty, the set photo just seem to have an interesting exposure level (and a much more saturated blue), together with the space compression from the telephoto lens making the details appear flat. This happened with the first suit, too, before people understood the translucent fabric and reflective undersuit. Sometimes details just look flat in set photos.

henry-cavill-man-of-steel-set-photos-henry-cavill-451052403.jpg

mos-upload-1.jpg

superman+suit+man+steel.jpg

In all honesty, the set photo just seem to have an interesting exposure level (and a much more saturated blue), together with the space compression from the telephoto lens making the details appear flat. This happened with the first suit, too, before people understood the translucent fabric and reflective undersuit. Sometimes details just look flat in set photos.

http://us.cdn281.fansshare.com/phot...f-steel-set-photos-henry-cavill-451052403.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iEMOZCYp8jU/UbSXIkad_yI/AAAAAAAA1MQ/J0azqHChmZw/s1600/mos-upload-1.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iwwYAPPNo.../ejPIsiSVASo/s800/superman+suit+man+steel.jpg

Except in the case above with the "leaked" photos from the first film, the focus was far, far worse than in the more recent shots of the SvB suit which made the details in those first leaked shots almost impossible to make out.

Here the details are quite visible but very "flat" looking.

On the other side of it though, looking at the clear pictures of the first suit with indoor vs. outdoor lighting, the details on the first suit also look pretty flat when viewed in direct sunlight as opposed to the more subdued lighting of the display case.

So perhaps it is just a case where both suits tend to look a bit more two dimensional when photoed under direct sunlight.

This is the best shot so far from the suit, should put to rest whether it's dye-sub or not

BvS MOS.png

The detail on the new suit is apparently really subtle. Especially in sunlight.

http://vimeo.com/104408762

Note how easily the details on the chest fold with the cloth while Cavill is sitting and the cuffs are a lot flatter and more integrated into the suit compared to the first film.

As an aside.. I loved how the "buckets" get progressively larger as the challenge goes on..

The detail on the new suit is apparently really subtle. Especially in sunlight.

http://vimeo.com/104408762

Note how easily the details on the chest fold with the cloth while Cavill is sitting and the cuffs are a lot flatter and more integrated into the suit compared to the first film.

As an aside.. I loved how the "buckets" get progressively larger as the challenge goes on..

Yeah, I don't ever want to hear people say that's a subdyed suit and his real muscles again. Clearly not the case.

Also, his cape looks a lot thicker. It looks leather in some photos.

Yeah, I don't ever want to hear people say that's a subdyed suit and his real muscles again. Clearly not the case.

Also, his cape looks a lot thicker. It looks leather in some photos.

The cape might be two layers of micro suede so that you have a finished surface inside and outside. That might account for the build you see on the shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back