Some newbie advise please

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

captainhappy

Greetings all, I have been working on a Vader costume for years now and I'm surprised at how it never seems to be complete:) I thought I had finished it 2 years ago but have recently become displeased with some of the key parts. I am ready to give it an overhall and I've found some neat pieces on ebay but I am unfamiliar with the sellers. Could some of you kind costuming enthusiast give me some insight as to what it is like dealing with these sellers and maybe some personal stories? I have been interested in the following: TK510, Portumac, sithplanet. Thanks in advance:)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

anakin

I've only dealt with Randy from Sithplanet from your list. He's a good guy - always replies to your e-mails and is very friendly. I would have no troubles recommending him and his gear.

Al May

I have delt with Manuel (Portumac) and randy (Sith Planet) both are great guys and can realy be helpful,Randy in particular always delivers to me in the u.k.within 5 working days and can lay his hand on anything that you need.

darth_manu

i dealt with sithplanet (randy)
if you are getting any fiberglass parts, ask him to wrap it up good
before putting the plastic packing materials, 2 items i got , had the patterns and marks of the plastic over it, and i can't seem to remove it.

captainhappy

Thanks all for the input. I shall put it to good use. I really like the shoulder armor that I've been seeing lately from Portumac and sithplanet.

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
Originally posted by captainhappy@Dec 7 2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks all for the input. I shall put it to good use. I really like the shoulder armor that I've been seeing lately from Portumac and sithplanet.
[snapback]1130619[/snapback]​

I have dealt with TK510. Excellent gloves and very fast service.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.