Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

I don't think Han will show up in Rogue One. He comes into the story in ANH. No need for it.

Ben

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure Vader will though.

I've got no problem with a pure cameo....as noted above. Something like a scene with the main cast talking about attacking the imperial base, they get up to leave and behind him is Han and chewie, he then says to chewie, what kind of idiot would attack the empire?

If R1 takes place just before EP IV it makes sense for us to see many primary and secondary characters from the OT. I would be thrilled seeing Vader, Tarkin, and many of the original Imperial officers. Even a scene with Old Ben would be a wonderful addition.

I think we're in good hands. TFA was amazing. I'm very excited to see what adventures lie before us. :)

I hope there's a good villain, an original one-off we haven't seen, maybe a rival smuggler/pirate or a really bad guy who Han owes money (since that's classic Han) Then maybe meet Chewie partway through, is his story canon or legends now?

(Yay my 1977th post is in a Star Wars thread!)

I'd like a new villain for sure. Something along the lines of a rival scoundrel sounds good. I could handle Boba Fett though but Im not sure it will happen as they will do a movie for him.

Ben

I think we're in good hands. TFA was amazing. I'm very excited to see what adventures lie before us. :)

Careful.

I absolutely adore Disney, always have, but they'll get you. As a company they almost seem to enjoy making a whole string of great movies and then release a few colossal stinkers just when you get comfortable.

Careful.

I absolutely adore Disney, always have, but they'll get you. As a company they almost seem to enjoy making a whole string of great movies and then release a few colossal stinkers just when you get comfortable.

This gave me an awful image of Jack Sparrow walking around Mos Eisley trying to steal the Falcon :eek

young boba fett would be good too...

As a kid I always figured they knew each other, otherwise how would Han know his name on the sail barge in ROTJ, and why sound so fearful?
I think since they were both under the employ of Jabba, that they'd probably worked together on jobs in the past, and Han knew him as a cold, ruthless, psychopath.
Then there was also the "wookie" braids on Fett's shoulder, which led to another theory when we were young that Han rescued Chewie from Fett during a slaving run.
Whatever the case, I think they knew each other, and I would LOVE to see their story on the big screen.

As a kid I always figured they knew each other, otherwise how would Han know his name on the sail barge in ROTJ, and why sound so fearful?
I think since they were both under the employ of Jabba, that they'd probably worked together on jobs in the past, and Han knew him as a cold, ruthless, psychopath.
Then there was also the "wookie" braids on Fett's shoulder, which led to another theory when we were young that Han rescued Chewie from Fett during a slaving run.
Whatever the case, I think they knew each other, and I would LOVE to see their story on the big screen.

Han knew the name because he was captured by him during Empire and he might also know by reputation. I'd rather that Han not have known who Boba Fett is/was prior to his encounter with him during Empire, it's this 7 degrees of separation nonsense that George liked helped to ruin the PT. I like my Star Wars universe nice and large and not have every character tied to one another somehow.

Han knew the name because he was captured by him during Empire and he might also know by reputation. I'd rather that Han not have known who Boba Fett is/was prior to his encounter with him during Empire, it's this 7 degrees of separation nonsense that George liked helped to ruin the PT. I like my Star Wars universe nice and large and not have every character tied to one another somehow.

Boba is also in the Ms Eisley Falcon hanger with Jabba and his goons in the SE ANH, so they have known of each other for a while if Boba is one of Jabba's men.

it's this 7 degrees of separation nonsense that George liked helped to ruin the PT. I like my Star Wars universe nice and large and not have every character tied to one another somehow.

I agree, but the Han/Fett connection was one we were speculating on in the '80s.
It actually makes sense, as opposed to Darth Vader building C-3PO :facepalm

No word on casting just yet, but it is set to release MAY 2018, traditional May release! :D :cool

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back