Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

I think the 'aristocracy' in Guinness had a lot to do with his older age (including his voice) and his physically slight build. When the prequels were being cast I don't think they should have picked someone quite that Guinness-like. The character had a lot of young reckless swashbuckling to do in those three movies. Maybe Ewan can still tone it down farther than he did then. He will be very aware of the need to transition into the OT version of the character.

Even if he doesn't . . . Okay, Ewan isn't a perfect Obi-Wan. Which Bond actor was the perfect replacement for Connery?

We cannot hold out for perfection. The overall case for Ewan is so strong that I think we'd be morons to push for anyone else now.

Guinness was an old school gentleman and was as 'aristocratic' as a young man, not just in his senior years. This can be seen in any of his films from Bridge on the river Kwai to Kind hearts and coronets.

Ans: Brosnan

Guinness was an old school gentleman and was as 'aristocratic' as a young man, not just in his senior years. This can be seen in any of his films from Bridge on the river Kwai to Kind hearts and coronets.

Ans: Brosnan
And Ewan's Obi Wan grew into that role - he was 'The Negotiator,' after all.

Well, Guinness was a proper English gentleman as Ewan is a Scottish rabble-rouser. Like Sean Connery.

So, it's a pretty easy leap to see the distinction between the two. No need for deep analyzation.

Ron Howard just posted this image, who can read Aurebesh?!

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 90

Ah, Paul Bateman found a reference for that image in some old art work of Ralph's.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.PNG
    IMG_0034.PNG
    926.8 KB · Views: 104

IIRC, you got to the TFA bashfest late--about 6 weeks late. By that time, I was Public Enemy #1 in the eyes of JD et. al. I remember when you chimed in, I was like, "NOW he shows up! lol".

At least that's my recollection. But maybe I'm confusing you with someone else who didn't start posting his disdain for the film 'til mid to late January or so.

The Wook

I didn't get to see it until like a week or two later! I did promptly go on her immediately after coming home to say how disappointed I was though! :lol

As for the McQuarrie stuff, I'm all for them adding things that are really cool that didn't make it into the OT, but I hope they don't become reliant on them.

I remember people mentioning either positive or negative thoughts about Boba Fett being in the movie.

Any more detailed thoughts?

I hope he’s in here - I’m someone who agrees that he’s a vapid character, nothing but a SWEET costume design... BUT — I also think that that means he has the most opportunity. There is so much room to move with Boba Fett.
And, if they revitalise him - imagine the merchandising. He is still a character people buy and obsess over, if there were a little more meat on that bone it’d skyrocket.

Take the 1313 design, put him in as a competitor or antagonist or reluctant ally or whatever.

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d love to see a fett vs solo film. But I think there is just too much stuff going on in this film already.

I would seriously love to see a new canon reason about han and gets rivalry

I’d love to see a fett vs solo film. But I think there is just too much stuff going on in this film already.

I would seriously love to see a new canon reason about han and gets rivalry

Actually we kinda don’t know what’s in this movie. We have assumptions but literally not the first idea of how packed it is or its content.

Lawrence Kasdan introduced us to Boba Fett (properly, anyway) so I’d hope he’d feel compelled to put him in there!

N.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back