SO YOU WANT TO MAKE/BUY A PREDATOR SUIT? READ THIS!!!!!!

This is for all the new members who are looking for Predator parts to make a costume for Halloween. Please understand that most of the suits you see on this site have been put together over a long period of time - 6-12 months on average. Most of those suits are VERY expensive - $2000-$3500.

To give you a more accurate idea of the costs involved, here are some average prices for Predator suit parts:

-latex skin (body suit): $300-500 (more if painted)
-latex and resin armor pieces: $300-$500 (more if painted)
-latex head: $200 raw. Up to $400-600 painted
-Bio helmet: $200 raw. $250-$350 painted
-dreads/dread rings: $100-$300
-all the miscellaneous parts - netting, bones, small animal skulls, lasers or LED's, etc

If you get all the parts raw (unpainted), you could be looking at around $1000, but be prepared to figure out how to paint latex so that the paint doesn't crack when its flexed. If you want it all painted for you, then you are looking at $2500-$3000. Again these are average prices. All the costs vary from person to person.

Painting latex is tricky - search for more info if you plan on doing it yourself. If you want things painted for you, the costs vary depending on who you get to do it.

We are a very helpful community, but please understand - it is next to impossible to make a Predator suit in time for Halloween when it is only a month away- unless you plan on buying a Rubies cheap-o version, or trying your hand at making your own suit from scratch using paper mache, foamies and a Mr Incredible suit.

THE SEARCH BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!!! Most of the questions you want to ask have already been asked, so please utilize the search function before asking your questions.

I'm newcomer and would "Mostly Come out at night, Mostly." This post helped change my mind to join. I'm not ready for this family. But, "I'll be back."

Noting that this post is rather dated. I think there is a need for an updated one. Nonetheless prices have only increased since 2009.

I can't get my head around some things. Though you two could help. :p
13398828_1800416706859993_788952557_n.jpg

I'm a newb (just signed up today), but I've been wanting to make a yautja suit for months. I don't even want it for Halloween, I just want a homemade predator suit, and I need a project to work on. I found this site while looking for how to make them and this site has been extremely helpful in my journey.

LunaticNic can you help me write up an updated version please if you have the time. I know your windows is acting up so whenever you get the chance to let me know I'd want to create one that is as informative as possible.

I wrote a mock version, could you please read it.
Also, Jason was right all along. I do have regrets on this I really do. Some of this information is gold, I wish I took those in when I started out...

This is for all the new members who are looking for Predator parts to make a costume for Halloween. Please understand that most of the suits you see on this site have been put together over a long period of time - 6-12 months on average. Most of those suits are VERY expensive - $2000-$3500.

To give you a more accurate idea of the costs involved, here are some average prices for Predator suit parts:

-latex skin (body suit): $300-500 (more if painted)
-latex and resin armor pieces: $300-$500 (more if painted)
-latex head: $200 raw. Up to $400-600 painted
-Bio helmet: $200 raw. $250-$350 painted
-dreads/dread rings: $100-$300
-all the miscellaneous parts - netting, bones, small animal skulls, lasers or LED's, etc

If you get all the parts raw (unpainted), you could be looking at around $1000, but be prepared to figure out how to paint latex so that the paint doesn't crack when its flexed. If you want it all painted for you, then you are looking at $2500-$3000. Again these are average prices. All the costs vary from person to person.

Painting latex is tricky - search for more info if you plan on doing it yourself. If you want things painted for you, the costs vary depending on who you get to do it.

We are a very helpful community, but please understand - it is next to impossible to make a Predator suit in time for Halloween when it is only a month away- unless you plan on buying a Rubies cheap-o version, or trying your hand at making your own suit from scratch using paper mache, foamies and a Mr Incredible suit.

THE SEARCH BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!!! Most of the questions you want to ask have already been asked, so please utilize the search function before asking your questions.

Its taken about 6 months to build my suit up from scratch, alot of hard work and time gone in to it by me and many people on the lair, almost finished... will be done before the expo next month.
"Time gone" ? hehehehe you wanted to say that this TIME gave you experiences ;-)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back