Snowball - Mai from Overwatch

Rhoswen Cosplay

Hi there!
I’m planning to have a photo shoot early December 2019 for a Hannah Alexander Artwork design of Mei from Overwatch.
Now Mei’s character has a robot, Snowball.
I’d like to make a multi-rotor drone that can support 1 lb max of foam or another lightweight material for an exoskeleton.
I’ve never worked with any type of drones before, so simpler the better. I have prop background in swords (wood/thermal plastics/foams), with access to a 3D printer and solidworks programs.

1) What drones out there are under $100, easy to pilot (boyfriend will have to drive during snow photo shoot) and can support 1 lb?

2) What kind of materials should I use? I’m thinking hallowing out foam and using light weight sealers (mod podge maybe?) before painting. Is it better to 3D print it?

3) if I need to build my own mini drone, where can I start?

4) I’m a big stickler to 1:1 ratio size, so this will be taken into account. I’ll be drafting basic size and layout first to then zero in on drone size, alter snowball a tad to fit and go from there.

Thank you!

Cheers,
~Rhoswen Cosplay

Attachments

• B1DB61C0-E995-42D8-93A8-A8FB5944B7E3.jpeg
    B1DB61C0-E995-42D8-93A8-A8FB5944B7E3.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 449
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back