Snow White and the Huntsman

I haven't seen the Twilight movies myself, but I heard Kristen Stewart did a horrible acting job in the series. I'm still open to seeing it though! It looks to have some promise.

Poor Ashley Green doesn't have a Hollywood family - including a father who who worked as a "stage manager" (another title for producer - only stage managers make more on the spot decisions) for years. Her mother is now directing and worked under Bruckheimer for years - I can hear it now - "MY DAUGHTER WANTS TO BE IN TWILIGHT!!!"
"She does ? can she act?""
"WHAT DOES THAT MATTER??"
"Looks like we found our Belle."

Well, could've been better... could've been worse.

Hemsworth stole the show.

Theron overacted.

Stewart didn't blow it nor did she steal the show. Seemed like they could've done more to make her more beautiful - the make up people and the camera angles seemed to go out of their way at times to not do her any favors. She's a pretty girl and they didn't really seem to play that up as you would've thought they should.

The film looked and sounded great. First time in a long time that I actually noticed the 'sound' of a movie. It was more than a bit long and and I kinda dug that it wasn't a wordy film (ie, they didn't use the script to move along/reiterate the plot).

Some great visuals - but, in the end it just seemed to be doing effects and just hanging on those shots rather than moving it along.

As for the other with Kristen Stewart, it does look better. I agree that the hate for her is unjustified. I personally think she is smokin' hot. I have never seen any of the Twilight stuff so I don't judge her by that. But she is a good actress IMHO. She was awesome as Joan Jett in The Runaways.
Couldn't agree more on this. I LOVED Stewart in The Runaways and thought she did a fabulous Joan Jett. That being said, her Bella Swan made me cringe. In all fairness, I think there is a lot resting on whether an actor can/cannot pull off a role and while who you cast is a huge factor, script, directing, etc also plays a large part. Did I find her attractive as Snow White? Yes. But I also felt the character hardly had any dimensions to her, pretty flat if you ask me.

Hemsworth on the other hand stole the show. And while I liked the dwarves (I find it amazing they're actually not dwarves, if you get what I mean), I preferred the ones in Mirror Mirror. Those are arguably the best ones I've seen in recent film, largely due to how fleshed out each of their individual personalities were and all the lovely humor.

I haven't seen it yet, but they've already killed my sense of disbelief with the casting. There is no version of reality in which Stewart is "fairer" than Charlize. It just doesn't work for me :lol

I haven't seen the Twilight movies myself, but I heard Kristen Stewart did a horrible acting job in the series. I'm still open to seeing it though! It looks to have some promise.
I have no desire to see this flick, but I will say this about Stewart and Twilight. The series is just horribly written. It has nothing to do with her skills, or lack thereof, as an actress. The "lead" role is just as bland as wet paper.

I have no desire to see this flick, but I will say this about Stewart and Twilight. The series is just horribly written. It has nothing to do with her skills, or lack thereof, as an actress. The "lead" role is just as bland as wet paper.

Seriously. Bella's only role in the Twilight books is to let the reader insert herself into Bella's place. She has no personality of her own.

Saw Mirror Mirror!!! Hideous.

Looking forward to Snow White and the Huntsman! More dark and less campie!
I saw Mirror Mirror as well, it could've been worse - but ya know what? My nieces loved it... so I guess it worked the way it was supposed to!

575121_462466817116349_958569204_n.jpg

I liked it! Kinda reminded me of Legend and Labyrinth, Never Ending Story. All the greats from my childhood. Thought not nearly the same greatness as those, I did find it an enjoyable movie and the costume design was astounding!

The reason I didn't want to see this yet, was because I thought it would be too "Twilighty". Kinda like what they did with Red Riding Hood. Can anyone tell me different?

I saw it and I liked it. Yes I can say that it wasn't "Twilighty" since I saw the first two with a gf a long time ago. I never saw the newest Red Riding Hood movie though.

This one doesn't make it a love story which is good, it's just overall a good movie IMO. And every time I saw the Huntsman I was like it's Thor. Sure he uses an axe in this movie and not a hammer but it's really close. Would make a good parody down the line.

I finally got around to watching this the other day. I thought it was a pretty decent flick. Not really great but still fun. My problem was the love triangle thing which goes nowhere. I really saw no reason for Chris Hemsworth to even be in this movie. The charactor of the huntsman basically serves no purpose in this film. Just let Hemsworth be the Duke's son, skip the whole huntsman part, and just go from there. Why have a love triangle if you are not going to do anything with it.....or was there really any love triangle at all? She didn't end up with either of them.

I can't accept Theron as the evil queen either. She looks like a surfer chick trying to fit in at a goth club, didn't buy it.

Still, good fx, good scenery, good action. I liked it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back