Snow White and the Huntsman

I seemed to have watched it about 5 or 6 times now, and I keep wanting more and finding small little tidbits of details with the elements of magic, but the wardrobe in this film is most certainly topnotch and will be nitpicked for cosplay....time meow! :D

I'm more excited for the competing project: Tarsem's "Mirror, Mirror."

After, "The Fall," I'll follow that guy to the ends of the earth.

I'm much more looking forward to that one as well. I love Colleen Atwood, but Eiko, as a costume designer, is so thought provoking and envelope pushing.

The costumes are insane.
tarsem-snowwhite-7.jpg
tarsem_snowwhite17.jpg
O6UjY.png

I second that motion. Ashley Greene has way more appeal in the films as well as outside. I think she's a pretty underrated actress compared to that unameable other brunette. :lol

That's a really awesome photo with all of the Dwarf cast. I can almost name them all. :D

Snow White and the Huntsman trailer :thumbsup

Mirror Mirror trailer :thumbsdown

I'd much rather watch Chris Hemsworth ( who wouldn't?! :love ) and CharlizE Theron and bear KS's likely bland performance in "Snow White and the Huntsman" than listen to the singing (?) and terrible dialog in "Mirror Mirror" (altho the music in the trailer reminded me of POTC!) :lol

Last edited:
I'm VERY disappointed with the trailer as well -_-. They used all their time and effort in the design department, and not in writing!!

I have the misfortune of taking back what I said, and having to say that the Snow White and the Huntsman trailer was pretty damn amazing.

Also...I'm sorry, but Kristen Stewart prettier than Charlize??? This movie is void! :p

having seen the trailer last night, I'm on the bandwagon with Mirror, Mirror looking just plain AWFUL!!!! Those beautiful stills above with the costuming look to be the only good thing in it.

I finally sat down and watched the two trailers. Good GOD, Mirror Mirror just looks horrible...

I love Tarsem's work, but I'll definitely be passing on this one. Even setting aside the camp of the performances, the song and dance numbers killed it for me. I'm NOT a musical fan at all.

Snow White and the Huntsman, on the other hand, looks awesome. Loving Charlize, loving Chris Hemsworth. I've never seen Kristen Stewart in anything (though after seeing the parody Vampires Suck, I'm actually curious to watch the first Twilight movie just to see if it lives up to my excedingly low expectations) so I have no real opinion there.

Mirror Mirror looks much more like a kids film than SW&H. I think Roberts looks terribly miscast and the girl playing Snow White doesn't look the part, either.... otherwise, it looks like a perfectly acceptable pre-teen Snow White live action flick... whereas, SW&H looks like PG-13 and up.

From what I've seen so far, Huntsman beats Mirror, Mirror in every aspect.
I'm a die-hard Colleen Atwood fan, plus I prefer the dark and gloomy design here.

snow-white-and-the-huntsman-banner-610x250.jpg

People will probably lynch me for saying this, but I think Kristen Stewart is a good match.
She looks exactly like Snow White, and - outside of Twilight - she's a good actress.

Of course Hemsworth and Theron are two good reasons to watch the movie as well... :love

I just finished up 3 months (on and off) work on this movie and while I'll avoid getting myself into any real trouble I think its okay to say that despite my own initial misgivings about her, Kirsten Stewart was quite impressive on-set. Very focussed/emotionally charged and her english accent fooled me too! She was far from the flimsy teen poster girl I was led to believe she is. (in fairness I'd never heard of her before this, nor seen any of the twinkling vampire films)

The sets and costume/armour etc was also beautifully and meticulously put together as was the make up and prosthetics and the lengths that the crew went to to give it an authentically 13th century (or so) feel were quite mind blowing.

Of course it's all in the cut and I may end up eating my words BUT I for one am looking forward to seeing the finished product, it was certainly fun to be involved in the making of it.

Respect
P.

Mirror Mirror looks much more like a kids film than SW&H. I think Roberts looks terribly miscast and the girl playing Snow White doesn't look the part, either.... otherwise, it looks like a perfectly acceptable pre-teen Snow White live action flick... whereas, SW&H looks like PG-13 and up.

I liked it!

I generally dislike Julia Roberts but she raised a snicker or two in this. The girl is gorgeous, far more appealing than Stewart, and I like the Audrey Hepburn thing they're doing with her. And it looks like the dwarves are fun.

I did find something to criticise; the castle looks a bit small and impractical. I'd want something with more acreage for stables, storage, etc. Water supply might be a problem too; I think this one would struggle to withstand even a modest siege for very long. :p

I'm more excited for the competing project: Tarsem's "Mirror, Mirror."

After, "The Fall," I'll follow that guy to the ends of the earth.

My wife is planning (and slowly working on) a family group costume from The Fall - she fell in love with Evelyn's red dress, I'll be Luigi (the explosives expert, long yellow coat), her son will be one of Evil Governor Odious' guards, in the X-Ray Tech armor, and her daughter will be the Little Bandit. Don't know when we'll get them done, though.

My thoughts also.

Mirror Mirror for the kids.

SW&H for the parents.

I hate Kristin Stewart, Bad actor and looks like she'll actually burst into flames if she goes outside. However, I am pumped to see this film. I love gritty retelling's of stories.

The dwarves are awesome, I mean Ian Mcshane, Nick Frost, Ray Winstone, and Toby Jones!

But the number one reason.....Bob Hoskins the effing dwarf.....epic.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back