Smoke's Predator Build WIP -Done. I think.

Re: Smoke's Predator Build WIP - Armor mocked up.

Update for the RPF crew!:)

Here's what I did last night. I plasti dipped an old leather belt. I think Im going to paint it metallic just like the armor. The plates were off a bit so I re adjusted where they mount to the belt to make them more flush with the top of the belt.

Started on the leather work a bit. I needed some leather so .... I destroyed my Polo Jacket small sacrifice.

whats left of the jacket.....hello leather scarf!:lol
IMG_0365.jpg

and ended up with this...
IMG_0364.jpg

Not sure if I like the longer pieces just yet. I might split the tail piece in to 4 strips and the cod flap in to 2 strips..or I might just cut them off somewhat even with the others. I want to get it up on the skin before I make any rash decisions.

Today I strung up the leather strips from the jacket and mocked it up with the rest of everything..I don't know whether or not I like the long strips or if it would look better with the mini skirt tabbard look. I'm leaning toward the shorter version. What do ya'll think??

My thought is.. the longer strips covers up too much of the skin.
IMG_0374.jpg

Also today made the bottoms for the Bomb and Blade gauntlets. I still need to find something for that center piece.

Bottom of the gauntlets, flat sintra and foam.
IMG_0378.jpg

Assembled. foam plasti dipped
IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

Gonna try and pep out a new bio tonight and hopefully get it slushed with some smooth cast tomorrow(don't feel like messing with fiberglass). Still gotta make the belt buckle. I keep forgetting about it.

Thanks for looking and commenting . Let me know about the tabbards.

Re: Smoke's Predator Build WIP - Armor mocked up.

Hello hello,

Time for a much over due update.

I'm trying out a Hammered Copper Base. I just need to weather it up and add maybe a bit of some other metallic in there too. once it stops raining and dries out a bit, I'm going to get started on that. IF it comes out bad, plan B is to with a gun metal or aluminum hammer paint as a base and go from there.

IMG_20111221_011841-1.jpg

Blade Gauntlet update!

First I started by free handing a main blade plate that would house the blade and make a nice base for some apoxy scultping. Oh yeah I split a old sump pump tube in have to make the black ribbed area.

blade base. those orange lines were ideas I was working out.
IMG_0432.jpg

Single to split blade.
IMG_0433.jpg

After about 3 hrs of apoxy sculpting I came up with this.. I didnt really have an set idea of what I wanted to accomplish with it. I just kinda "winged it" through it design wise. I still need to sand the rough edges.. ? ?
IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442-1.jpg

Looking at it today..I think Im going to add more to the back plates to make them match the rest better.

A set of hands from biohunter76 on the lair should arrive tomorrow, can't wait to paint em! and after xmas feet will be shipped my way. Oh yeah the same time the dreads I ordered from Termokk should be shipping too . Still alot to do

Thanks for looking and Commenting!

Re: Smoke's Predator Build WIP - Blade Gauntlet 90% sculpted.

This is really freakin' cool! I'm loving the Sintra armor, and the bodysuit is excellent!

This is really freakin' cool! I'm loving the Sintra armor, and the bodysuit is excellent!

Thank you! I'm having a blast with this build:)

Just received these in the mail today! I ordered them from BioHunter76 on the lair. Thank You Casey! They look amazing. I can't wait to get the feet in I ordered from him too.

IMG_0497.jpg

Thanks for looking!

great work!!! can i ask what kind of glue or adhesive you use to glue the armor pieces together?

great work!!! can i ask what kind of glue or adhesive you use to glue the armor pieces together?

Thanks!! Pop Rivets, Canvas and elastic. For the pecs and the rib plates I used 3M Super Adhesive and it works pretty good.

After 3 failed attempts, I finally got it down. I used cotton rope some super glue and a about 3 coats of Plasti Dip and came up with this.. I have some progress pictures I think on my cell phone if anyone would like to see. I think it came out pretty good and it's flexible and tough as nails thanks to the plasti dip.

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

Checking in out with the chest pieces attached. This should give you an idea of how I'll get into the armor. I've already started air brushing the armor. It's no long that color. Not sure if it's even going to stay the current color. I'll post pics tomorrow.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0488-Copy.jpg

here's what I came up with the gauntlets...at the last minute I decided to add those teeth like spikes to both of them. I think the teeth spikes were a good choice.

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

Nifty Belt buckle made from sintra and foam.

IMG_0563.jpg

Oh yeah! Painted Predator Hands!

IMG_20111225_175400-1.jpg

another update tomorrow after some paint dries.

Thanks for looking!:)

Last edited:
Re: Smoke's Predator Build WIP - Update 12/26/11

I've been meaning to update this thread for a few days now. Sorry bout that. My kiddos are visiting for the last time before the move to Wisconsin.. Any ways here's an update. I've painted the armor with a Copper hammer base. Then I airbrushed a light layer of silver and a medium (i guess) coat of metallic peridot. The pictures don't do it justice, There is way more green metallic than the pictures show.

Here's some pics of the paint color on the suit.

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

Here's some pics of the weathering. The color changes pretty drastically after I washed over it all with a 2-3 coats of black. I just used some really tinned out black acrylic paint and a paper shop towel. I coated it with a thin washed out layer and then used a clean towel to wipe off the streaks. every coat made it a bit darker. It also really brought out the glyphs once the black started accumulating around it. The green metallic is still there, it's just hard to get a good picture of it.

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

I swapped out the belt I think this one looks better with the black skirt(i'm not sure what to call it:confused). I still might swap out again once I get a chance to go by my leather guy's house to pick through his things. I need some leather under gauntlets, leather under shin guards, and matching skirt and straps. I'm also going to explore the brown option for the leather color too.
IMG_0607.jpg

I've ordered a red EL pad and a blue EL strip kit to backlight the bomb gauntlet display and "buttons". Also I ordered a set of lasers to rig up in the bio. No telling when those are going to get here. Hopefully soon and there goes my Xmas money (y))

Tonight I worked on the bio a bit. Mainly cleaned up around the eyes. heated it up and reshaped it a little more and a little bit of extra weathering. The shins are almost done. I made them out of some of that thin craft foam and and about 3 coats of plastidip, as my past experiences with shin guards have been uncomfortable ones. Seems pretty sturdy to me. Once the paint dries I'll get some pics up. The feet should be here monday at the latest and the dreads hopefully soon after that.

Thanks for looking, Commenting!

Last edited:
Re: Smoke's Predator Build WIP - Weathering Pics Added

It's been a while since I've updated this thread and ALOT has happened. Since the last update I added a xeno-esk backpack and cannon. Weathered everything, made a third bio, installed the trilaser(not leds) uhhm oh yeah wired up the EL lighting in the bomb gauntlet. Im sure I'm missing something oh yeah dreads and beads, more leather straps. I kept up with the thread on theHuntersLair pretty good, so there is alot of progress pics there that are missing from this thread. If anyone wants I will gladly repost anything from the other thread.

Well the suit is pretty much done all that's left is just installing some magnets in the bio and mask. Got those ordered already. It looks like I'll be suiting up tomorrow and making a video for the interwebs.:) I'll definitely post it here.

Enough talk here's the pics..

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_20120119_114509-1.jpg

IMG_20120119_114453.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting. Can't wait to finally wear this thing!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back