shadyslicer246

I've been going back and forth the last few days trying to find Information on what parts were used for the wing wells and the piece that connects the upper wings arms to the wells on the Slave 1. I have attached a couple photos with the pieces in question circled, If some of you could list which kits were used for these parts or direct me somewhere with the information I have asked for, I would be grateful.

Thank You,

Rob.

Slave_01_Well_01.jpgSlave_01_Well_02.jpg

Hi Rob
Are you building the wing wells? what you found so far? Are you working on a slave 1? Do you just like Id'n stuff? Is it just for Fun?, Would you like all the kit info? Are you looking to improve a build? Is it a build related question? Are you just curious? Do you have any idea's? What's your plan? Do you need them? Have you looked using search features ? Is it just the wing wells you need? Do you have id's for the rest? Wanna share them? What you got so far? Nice pics, have you got more? When did you take em?

Hi Guy,
That's a lot of questions. Currently I'm just trying to research as much as I can about the Slave 1, I thought I would start with the wings, which were easy enough to ID with all the info located here. The wing wells are a different story though and really hard to find much info on at all, I've come across some very thin info on what some people think were used to make these parts, but what was said was confusing and no real definitive answers were came to, from what I read anyways.

I was actually hopeing I would get some kind of response from you Guy, the information I have received through some of your posts not only on TheRPF but other forums as well have been most valuable to me in my research thus far.

As for the photos I used, they were sourced from one of the other threads located on here Started by raiders (I hope thats allright).

Rob.

Hi Rob,

My questions weren't really the point, it was a way of saying tell us about what your doing, it gets a bit hard faced when people just pop up and ask for quick handouts without sharing info, I was implying let us know what your doing and have you done any work re Slave....ie: join in the madness of Id'n as opposed to just grabbing the work....

The wing wells are all but a few parts Id'd and they're all stock ILM ESB kits such as Hasegawawa Karl, Leoplold, Tamiya Flak, SU and 8RAD, a few roco tanks and the entex discs. If the wings were easy for you to ID then these should be a breeze... Theres some not ID'd yet, but scratched will look similar or as good as. Its always nice to credit the people who took the pics, respect is never a bad thing :)

I also see a part or 2 in the red circle from the 1/72 Hasegawa Leopold , here's the scan

Don't forget the Morser, if there is Leopold there has to be Morser. :facepalm ;)

Has the part in green been ID'ed? ;) :D

Slave_01_Well_01_zpsekynzgiy.jpg

And yes, thanks to raiders for the awesome pics.

Last edited:
The only thing I have identified thus far are parts for the wing, and all my information was gathered from a few of the threads located on here, I didn't really think repeating what has already been pointed out was of any use. I simply asked for the information I was looking for because I had all ready spent a few days searching the boards, and came to no real conclusion, like I stated before, if the information is out there please point me in the right direction.

As for what I'm working on, I do plan on building the Slave 1, just gathering as much information as I can before I shell out the money for kits and whatever else I need.

All the information everyone has included so far to this thread is very helpful, so thank you all.

Rob.

The only thing I have identified thus far are parts for the wing, and all my information was gathered from a few of the threads located on here, I didn't really think repeating what has already been pointed out was of any use. I simply asked for the information I was looking for because I had all ready spent a few days searching the boards, and came to no real conclusion, like I stated before, if the information is out there please point me in the right direction.

As for what I'm working on, I do plan on building the Slave 1, just gathering as much information as I can before I shell out the money for kits and whatever else I need.

All the information everyone has included so far to this thread is very helpful, so thank you all.

Rob.

Rob, if you don't mind me asking, how do you plan to tackle the build? Ground up? Hull first? Sub assemblies? In a computer? Its a very bold task building Slave 1, so hats off to you!!!

Are you looking to ID stuff or just work from whats on the internet? Make sure you cross reference what you find with the real model as just Shelling out the money for Kits you've read about may cost you a lot of money....

So, I can't really tell. Are we trying to save a newb from themselves, or sacrifice the virgin. :lol

Here is some helpful information. Go look for kits used on the AT-ST. The model is very well documented around here. With a few exceptions, if it is on the AT-ST it is on Slave.

That's a connector

Yes, I know. :D I've never seen anyone talk about it. Just trying to have a bit of fun.

connector_zpsx638zvo8.png

Finding a vintage 4 pin Male IDE in the UK is not so easy :), I think the reason its always loose is its the locking type. I've only found Molex that get close so far??

Last edited:
I wouldn't go as far as to call myself a "noob" haha, I have some experience with scratch building, I've never tried to source parts on this scale before though, I'm sure with the help of you guys it shouldn't be to hard to put together (knock on wood). I have read a few times about the difficulty of building the Slave 1 though, is that from a sourcing of parts and information kind of stand point, or is it just a difficult piece to put together?

I work as a 3D artist, so I was going to build something in 3D before building something physical. I was thinking I would 3D print the parts that are harder to find or cost an arm and a leg, maybe even cast parts for future building or selling. I still need it to be as accurate to the Studio model as possible, for my own satisfaction that is, I may or may not have a slight case of OCD.

That Molex connector is quite a surprise.

Rob.

I wouldn't go as far as to call myself a "noob" haha, I have some experience with scratch building, I've never tried to source parts on this scale before though, I'm sure with the help of you guys it shouldn't be to hard to put together (knock on wood). I have read a few times about the difficulty of building the Slave 1 though, is that from a sourcing of parts and information kind of stand point, or is it just a difficult piece to put together?

I work as a 3D artist, so I was going to build something in 3D before building something physical. I was thinking I would 3D print the parts that are harder to find or cost an arm and a leg, maybe even cast parts for future building or selling. I still need it to be as accurate to the Studio model as possible, for my own satisfaction that is, I may or may not have a slight case of OCD.

That Molex connector is quite a surprise.

Rob.

If you only have "Some" experience in scratch building this may
be way over your head, especially if you plan on building all
the bucks to be vacuum formed in a old school manner "By Hand".
Not saying you can't do it .......it's a lot of pattern making with compound
curves when building them minus a computer & printing.

Last edited:
So, I can't really tell. Are we trying to save a newb from themselves, or sacrifice the virgin. :lol

Here is some helpful information. Go look for kits used on the AT-ST. The model is very well documented around here. With a few exceptions, if it is on the AT-ST it is on Slave.

Yes, I know. :D I've never seen anyone talk about it. Just trying to have a bit of fun.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/Slave I/Mold Porsche/connector_zpsx638zvo8.png

If I may ask, whats the thingy with all the holes, a shower head, ;) Never seen that before,

Joe

If you only have "Some" experience in scratch building this may
be way over your head, especially if you plan on building all
the bucks to be vacuum formed in a old school manner "By Hand".
Not saying you can't do it .......it's a lot of pattern making with compound
curves when building them minus a computer & printing.

Haha its time consuming on this,now I just need more motivation and believe in myself,I can,I can do it! Lol..
Ah ya,also the most important thing to me in this hobby,more money!
I never thought to tackle the Slave 1,Guy's hardwork are just inspiring.

Don

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back